[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Close box probs in 2.0 under Wshell

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (02/22/91)

I have a problem with the close box when using Wshell.  it requires me to
click 5 times in the box before it will close.  this is on a 3000 under 2.02.

I was wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Anyone at commodore care to comment on if this is a bug somewhere?

UUCP: {amdahl!bungia, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks
ARPA: crash!orbit!pnet51!chucks@nosc.mil
INET: chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org

bcphyagi@csunb.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) (02/23/91)

In article <4193@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>I have a problem with the close box when using Wshell.  it requires me to
>click 5 times in the box before it will close.  this is on a 3000 under 2.02.

The WShell requires ConMan to recognize the close gadget.  The close gadget
on the standard 2.0 CON: device (was NEWCON: on 1.3) sends an EOF to WShell;
as a safety valve against accidental ^\ hits, five are required.

Install ConMan.  I have ConMan mounted as CNC:.  Then, I did a Setenv
SHELLWINDOW "CNC:0/0/600/250/WShell/c" so that the latter is the default
window for a NewWSH command.  Finally, I modified the WINDOW= item in
the ToolTypes for my WShell icons to also point to CNC:.  Works fine.
--
Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (02/23/91)

In article <1991Feb22.211518.26510@csun.edu> srw@csun.edu writes:
>In article <4193@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>>I have a problem with the close box when using Wshell.  it requires me to
>>click 5 times in the box before it will close.  this is on a 3000 under 2.02.
>
>The WShell requires ConMan to recognize the close gadget.  The close gadget
>on the standard 2.0 CON: device (was NEWCON: on 1.3) sends an EOF to WShell;
>as a safety valve against accidental ^\ hits, five are required.
>
>Install ConMan.  I have ConMan mounted as CNC:.  Then, I did a Setenv
>SHELLWINDOW "CNC:0/0/600/250/WShell/c" so that the latter is the default
>window for a NewWSH command.  Finally, I modified the WINDOW= item in
>the ToolTypes for my WShell icons to also point to CNC:.  Works fine.

I have to second this.  You must not be using fcomp, if you don't
have ConMan installed!  Fcomp as you must know, is the file name
completer.  It needs WShell and ConMan to operate.  (WShell 1.2, BTW
If you don't have version 1.2, you may want to upgrade now!)

>--
>Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
>I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster *would not* be made to directly support the
  Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' -A scene at the

chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) (02/25/91)

bcphyagi@csunb.csun.edu (Stephen Walton) writes:
>In article <4193@orbit.cts.com> chucks@pnet51.orb.mn.org (Erik Funkenbusch) writes:
>>I have a problem with the close box when using Wshell.  it requires me to
>>click 5 times in the box before it will close.  this is on a 3000 under 2.02.
>
>The WShell requires ConMan to recognize the close gadget.  The close gadget
>on the standard 2.0 CON: device (was NEWCON: on 1.3) sends an EOF to WShell;
>as a safety valve against accidental ^\ hits, five are required.
>
>Install ConMan.  I have ConMan mounted as CNC:.  Then, I did a Setenv
>SHELLWINDOW "CNC:0/0/600/250/WShell/c" so that the latter is the default
>window for a NewWSH command.  Finally, I modified the WINDOW= item in
>the ToolTypes for my WShell icons to also point to CNC:.  Works fine.

Thanks, however last time i tried to install conman i lost the zoom gadget
from the cli window, (which i use all the time).  is there any way to get this
back?

>--
>Stephen R. Walton, Dept. of Physics and Astronomy, Cal State Northridge
>I am srw@csun.edu no matter WHAT the stupid From: line says!

UUCP: {amdahl!tcnet, crash}!orbit!pnet51!chucks