[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Looking for Packet driver

silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) (03/03/91)

We here at Rutgers are looking for a packet driver for the Amiga. We are
running slip (cutcp) on IBMs here and Appletalk on Macs here, and we want
to see if we can get some Amigas hooked into the network. The other computers
are working through RS232 ports or Ethernet cards, and I would assume it would
work the same with the Amigas. Does anyone out there use software of this
nature? Please send e-mail or post (e-mail preferred). Thanks Much.

Daniel A. Turner
silk@dorm.rutgers.edu

djung@economics.adelaide.edu.au (03/03/91)

In article <Mar.2.23.55.34.1991.16842@dorm.rutgers.edu>, silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes:
> We here at Rutgers are looking for a packet driver for the Amiga. We are
> running slip (cutcp) on IBMs here and Appletalk on Macs here, and we want
> to see if we can get some Amigas hooked into the network. The other computers
> are working through RS232 ports or Ethernet cards, and I would assume it would
> work the same with the Amigas. Does anyone out there use software of this
> nature? Please send e-mail or post (e-mail preferred). Thanks Much.

On Fred Fish disk no 225 you will find a TCP/IP implementation for the Amiga.
It also includes a news and mail program, telnet etc etc.

------------------------
David Jung             |      /// An AMIGA a day keeps the Apples away.
University of Adelaide |    ///
South Australia.       | \\//   Internet: djung@eco.au.oz.au

djung@economics.adelaide.edu.au (03/03/91)

In article <Mar.2.23.55.34.1991.16842@dorm.rutgers.edu>, silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes:
> We here at Rutgers are looking for a packet driver for the Amiga. We are
> running slip (cutcp) on IBMs here and Appletalk on Macs here, and we want
Commodore also produce a commercial package for the Amiga that runs
TCP/IP and NFS.

------------------------

peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Peter Wemm) (03/03/91)

silk@dorm.rutgers.edu (Silk Merchant) writes:
>We here at Rutgers are looking for a packet driver for the Amiga. We are
>running slip (cutcp) on IBMs here and Appletalk on Macs here, and we want
>to see if we can get some Amigas hooked into the network. The other computers
>are working through RS232 ports or Ethernet cards, and I would assume it would
>work the same with the Amigas. Does anyone out there use software of this
>nature? Please send e-mail or post (e-mail preferred). Thanks Much.

>Daniel A. Turner
>silk@dorm.rutgers.edu

There are several things around.. first their is a horrible port of early
ka9q, and there is also a new version (about 1 month old.. I think) called
AmigaNOS (!)  Lastly somebody is working on a sort-of BSD compatable
system in Australia called AIP.  You can contact him at steve@cs.uow.edu.au.
It is not finished just yet, but has the most promise of the three that
I have seen . (IMHO)

--
Peter Wemm
peter@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (if fails, try peter@cutmcvax.oz.au)

patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca (Patrick Meloy) (03/05/91)

>On Fred Fish disk no 225 you will find a TCP/IP implementation for the Amiga.
>It also includes a news and mail program, telnet etc etc.

Anyone know an FTP site for this package? I'd LOVE to get my hands on it.

| patrick_meloy@outbound.wimsey.bc.ca |
| 'The Outbound' BBS Vancouver BC     |