[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Screen Blankers

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP (Charlie Gibbs) (03/13/91)

In article <11198@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU
(David Richards) writes:

>I'm getting tired of the same old plain black screen blanker. Anybody know
>where I can get anything more interesting?  I'd like something with a little
>more zip than Pyro.

     I picked up a replacement dmouse-handler that someone once
uuencoded and posted here (I was already using dmouse).  It displays
several different patterns and is interesting enough for me to hang
on to it through several updates of more "standard" screen blankers.
I haven't had much luck posting uuencoded files so far, but if you
can't find something you like anywhere else I could give it a try.

Charlie_Gibbs@mindlink.UUCP
"I'm cursed with hair from HELL!"  -- Night Court

drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) (03/13/91)

I'm getting tired of the same old plain black screen blanker. Anybody know
where I can get anything more interesting?  I'd like something with a little
more zip than Pyro.

Dave

drichards@hmcvax.claremont.edu
drichard@jarthur.claremont.edu

lindwall@beowulf.ucsd.edu (John Lindwall) (03/14/91)

In article <11198@jarthur.Claremont.EDU> drichard@jarthur.Claremont.EDU (David Richards) writes:
>I'm getting tired of the same old plain black screen blanker. Anybody know
>where I can get anything more interesting?  I'd like something with a little
>more zip than Pyro.

I've been using DMouse along with DLineArt.  I believe that Matt left some
hooks in DMouse which allows programmers to create their own screen blankers
which are activated via IPC from DMouse.  DLineArt was written by some nice
person (whose name escapes me, I'm not on my Amiga right now) and it has a
nice variety of screen effects.  I use the default which cycles between a
variety of effects: lines, ellipses, bouncing text, boxes, etc.  You can
select which effects you'd like via command line switches.

John

--
John Lindwall			lindwall@cs.ucsd.edu
"Oh look at me! I'm all flooby! I'll be a son of a gun!" -- Flaming Carrot

dbbrocklehur@rose.uwaterloo.ca (Darren) (03/16/91)

(David Richards) writes:

>I'm getting tired of the same old plain black screen blanker. Anybody know
>where I can get anything more interesting?  I'd like something with a little
>more zip than Pyro.

You may want to try Mackie (by Tom Rokicki).  It's available on Fish Disk
#305.

Darren :-)

---
Never test for an error condition you don't know how to handle.