[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Amiga Experts List?

v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) (03/08/91)

Back in the days of c.s.a, there was a file posted periodically, with
a list of Amiga experts who were willing to assist people with various
aspects Amiga-ology.  It came packaged with a program that would search
the database for specific topics that you needed expert advice on, and
return you the names and e-mail addresses of the people who had
volunteered to help with that topic.

What happened to that list?  It would be nice if it were posted here.
[nudge nudge]

amuser@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Bill Sharp-Smith AUG) (03/15/91)

v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) writes:

>Back in the days of c.s.a, there was a file posted periodically, with
>a list of Amiga experts who were willing to assist people with various
>aspects Amiga-ology.  It came packaged with a program that would search
>the database for specific topics that you needed expert advice on, and
>return you the names and e-mail addresses of the people who had
>volunteered to help with that topic.

>What happened to that list?  It would be nice if it were posted here.
>[nudge nudge]

Here, Here !
I have considered asking for the same thing. It could include the E-mail
addresses of Amiga companies on the net too!

dix@clinet.fi (Risto Kaivola) (03/17/91)

amuser@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Bill Sharp-Smith AUG) writes:

>v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) writes:

>>Back in the days of c.s.a, there was a file posted periodically, with
>>a list of Amiga experts who were willing to assist people with various
>>aspects Amiga-ology.  It came packaged with a program that would search
>>the database for specific topics that you needed expert advice on, and
>>return you the names and e-mail addresses of the people who had
>>volunteered to help with that topic.

>>What happened to that list?  It would be nice if it were posted here.
>>[nudge nudge]
[ Sorry that I deleted your comment on the need for e-mail addresses,
  but I do not use vi voluntarily. That is, it was unintentional... ]

The original keeper of the list gave up maintenance. The last thing he
did as the maintainer was to post the data and software on the net.
I don't know if someone has taken the task since, but I doubt it for
no one has announced anything to that extent (please correct if I'm wrong).
I might have an old version of "Amiga Companion" somewhere, and will
post it if I find it.
By the way, was the purpose really to gather information on experts?
If memory serves me, the list was open to contribution by anyone
interested in some Amiga-related topic or topics (e.g., C programming
in the Amiga environment), not just experts.

Risto

--
Risto Kaivola (dix@clinet.fi) or (Risto.Kaivola@f123.n220.z2.FIDONET.ORG)

jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz (John Bickers) (03/17/91)

Quoted from <amuser.669019120@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au> by amuser@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Bill Sharp-Smith AUG):
> v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) writes:

> >Back in the days of c.s.a, there was a file posted periodically, with

    The AmigaUser's Compendium?

> >What happened to that list?  It would be nice if it were posted here.

    The fellow who maintained it lost net access presumably. I forget
    the exact reason, but he did leave a final message indicating that
    the list would be no longer.
--
*** John Bickers, TAP, NZAmigaUG.        jbickers@templar.actrix.gen.nz ***
***         "Patterns multiplying, re-direct our view" - Devo.          ***

david@starsoft.hou.tx.us (Dave Lowrey) (03/23/91)

In article <1991Mar16.160107.21685@clinet.fi> dix@clinet.fi (Risto Kaivola) writes:

> amuser@cutmcvax.cs.curtin.edu.au (Bill Sharp-Smith AUG) writes:
>
> >v125lqbx@ubvmsd.cc.buffalo.edu (Brian T McColpin) writes:
>
> >>Back in the days of c.s.a, there was a file posted periodically, with
> >>a list of Amiga experts who were willing to assist people with various
> >>aspects Amiga-ology.  It came packaged with a program that would search
> >>the database for specific topics that you needed expert advice on, and
> >>return you the names and e-mail addresses of the people who had
> >>volunteered to help with that topic.
>
> >>What happened to that list?  It would be nice if it were posted here.
> >>[nudge nudge]
> [ Sorry that I deleted your comment on the need for e-mail addresses,
>   but I do not use vi voluntarily. That is, it was unintentional... ]
>
> The original keeper of the list gave up maintenance. The last thing he
> did as the maintainer was to post the data and software on the net.
> I don't know if someone has taken the task since, but I doubt it for
> no one has announced anything to that extent (please correct if I'm wrong).
> I might have an old version of "Amiga Companion" somewhere, and will
> post it if I find it.

Well, it is now time to publicly admit my shame.....

I was the person who was to carry on the Amiga User's Compendium.

I was mailed the list, and sources to the software.

However.....I had a HD crash, and lost the list (along with alot of
other stuff).

If some kind soul has a copy of the list, and could mail it to me, I
will be more than happy to start distributing it.

> By the way, was the purpose really to gather information on experts?
> If memory serves me, the list was open to contribution by anyone
> interested in some Amiga-related topic or topics (e.g., C programming
> in the Amiga environment), not just experts.

True. The list is open to anyone interested in the amiga.

These words be mine. The company doesn't care, because I am the company! :-)

      Dave Lowrey        |  david@starsoft.hou.tx.us
Starbound Software Group |
      Houston, TX        | "Dare to be stupid!" -- Weird Al Yankovic