[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Amiga Fred Fish BBS source?

mattel@attc.UUCP (Matt Telles) (03/29/91)

Hi all!  I am one of those poor unfortunates who does not have access to FTP or
electronic mail (well -- we do, but it's HIGHLY restricted).  I am looking for a
good BBS on which to find Fred Fish disks.  My Amiga (a 1000 by the way -- there
are a few of us left... :) ) is at home, all I have there is a modem, you know
the basic sob-story...

Anyway, if anyone knows of a good BBS, please send me e-mail (I can receive for
the most part) or, if that bounces, please post (there may be others in my boat)

Thanks in advance!

Matt

Matt Telles 	                 mattel@auto-trol.COM
                                 {...}ncar!ico!auto-trol!mattel
Auto-trol Technology 12500 N Washington Denver, CO 80241-2404 (303)252-2874

sparks@disk.uucp (John Sparks) (03/31/91)

mattel@attc.UUCP (Matt Telles) writes:

>Hi all!  I am one of those poor unfortunates who does not have access to FTP or
>electronic mail(well -- we do, but it's HIGHLY restricted).  I am looking for a
>good BBS on which to find Fred Fish disks. My Amiga (a 1000 by the way -- there

>Anyway, if anyone knows of a good BBS, please send me e-mail (I can receive for
>the most part) or, if that bounces, please post (there may be others in my boat)

It seems to be of general enough interest that I decided to post.

I forget the name of the BBS but the number is (708) 983-6557
They have most of the fish disks there up to 450 last time I looked.
You have to pay a fee to become a registered user on the BBS before
you can download (I think its around $15). It is well worth it.
Plus if you have a USROBOTICS HST you can call in at 9600 BPS.

--
John Sparks        |"Help Fight Continental Drift!"| (502)957-4200 2400 BPS
D.I.S.K. Management| Email: sparks@disk.UUCP       | 6 lines, public access unix