[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] request for docs about iff.

pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) (03/23/91)

The above line should say most of it. I'm interested in text
describing various iff formats/standards, after trying
to find it on the Fish Disks. So any information about either
what Fish Disk I should have looked closer at, or ftpsites
or actual text would be gladly received by me as E-mail, or
read as post/followup.
   I'm not totally clueless; I can build an IFF-ILBM-reader, but
I would like to know how to support as many Chunk-peculiarities
"as possible", and am curious about the various soundformats,
and text formats,... and anim formats, etc...

Thanks, until further notice, in advance!
--
From the notorious
                      Jakob Gaardsted, Computer Science Department

jms@tardis.Tymnet.COM (Joe Smith) (03/31/91)

In article <1991Mar23.012405.24117@daimi.aau.dk> pilgrim@daimi.aau.dk (Jakob G}rdsted) writes:
>I'm interested in text describing various iff formats/standards, after
>trying to find it on the Fish Disks.  Which one has it?

You want Fish Disk #185.  "This is a copy of the official November 1988
Commodore IFF disk."  The entire disk is nothing be IFF stuff, from
documents and sample source code, to example executables.

--
Joe Smith (408)922-6220 | SMTP: jms@tardis.tymnet.com or jms@gemini.tymnet.com
BT Tymnet Tech Services | UUCP: ...!{ames,pyramid}!oliveb!tymix!tardis!jms