[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] How can I use fonts?

GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) (04/06/91)

How can I change the Workbench fonts? And how can I use fonts in a basic
program?

         *****    # Gelson Dias Santos                #
   /\/\       **  # BITNET: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  #  Please, don't look my
  /    \-------\* # HOME: Av. Bento Goncalves 948/12  # grammar/spelling errors.
 ! 0  0 !    _  ! #       Porto Alegre - RS CEP:90650 # I am learning english !
 !  ^^  !   (   ! #       Brazil                      #
  \_()_/  _(    ) #=============================================================
 (__(____(_____)  #     Alguem ai fala portugues?     #

s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Luke Mewburn) (04/06/91)

GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) writes:

>How can I change the Workbench fonts? And how can I use fonts in a basic
>program?

Well, here's a hint on how to change Workbench's font from Topaz-80 to
whatever (I don't know how to change fonts in AmigaBasic, I use a REAL
language, C :-)

Anyway, I use a program called 'TurboTopaz' (on fish disk 396). It
is a text speed-up program (better than FF supplied with WB1.3 :-), but
by suppling a filename, you can specify another 8x8 font to use instead of Topaz-80 ('NicerTopaz' is a font supplied with TurboTopaz. It is a
san-serif font (ie, has no 'dangly' bits on the capital letters, like
Helvetica font), unlike topaz-80 (a serif font, like Times)). So, if you
have a 8x8 non-proportional font you like, just load TurboTopaz like this:
(assuming your font is called Blah.font, in fonts:   ).
turbotopaz blah.font.
This willl change the font used for all programs which use the
normal 8x8 font for output.

>         *****    # Gelson Dias Santos                #
>   /\/\       **  # BITNET: GELSON@SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR  #  Please, don't look my
> ! 0  0 !    _  ! #       Porto Alegre - RS CEP:90650 # I am learning english !
> !  ^^  !   (   ! #       Brazil                      #
>====()_/  _(    ) #============================================================

| Luke Mewburn   (Zak)                |     This side for rent...      |
| s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au        |                                |

In article <49932@nigel.ee.udel.edu> GELSON%SBU.UFRGS.ANRS.BR@uicvm.uic.edu (Gelson Dias Santos) writes:

>How can I change the Workbench fonts? And how can I use fonts in a basic
>program?

In AmigaBasic, just look at the program "library" in the BasicDemos on
your Extras disk. If you want to use other fonts than Topaz, then
simply exchange the function OpenFont by OpenDiskFont (don't forget this
also at the beginning in the DECLARE command) and add the statement
LIBRARY "diskfont.library"