[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Lattice executables won't run under SKsh 1.6

angst@cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) (04/10/91)

Whenever I compile my own C programs with Lattice C v5.04, they refuse to run
under SKsh1.6, claiming a stack overflow.  However, if I use srun or try it
from the CLI, they run as expected.  Is there something I'm not including in my
main programs, or is SKsh1.6 just pushing the stack to the limits?

Andrew

koren@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Steve Koren) (04/16/91)

> Whenever I compile my own C programs with Lattice C v5.04, they refuse to run
> under SKsh1.6, claiming a stack overflow.  However, if I use srun or try it
> from the CLI, they run as expected.  Is there something I'm not including in my
> main programs, or is SKsh1.6 just pushing the stack to the limits?

Try using a later Lattice.  I compile stuff under lattice 5.10 and have
no problems running anything.

  - steve

angst@cs.uq.oz.au (Angst) (04/18/91)

Steve Koren writes:

>> Whenever I compile my own C programs with Lattice C v5.04, they refuse to run
>> under SKsh1.6, claiming a stack overflow.  However, if I use srun or try it
>> from the CLI, they run as expected.  Is there something I'm not including in
>> my main programs, or is SKsh1.6 just pushing the stack to the limits?

>Try using a later Lattice.  I compile stuff under lattice 5.10 and have
>no problems running anything.

The problem is that v5.04 incorrectly assigns the base of stack in the startup
code in c.a.  This is fixed in v.5.05 and later versions.  Thanks to Peter
Chubb for pointing that out to me.

>  - steve

Andrew