[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Educational Discount Question

ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (Ernest J. Gainey III) (04/24/91)

 Hello All,
  Last friday I send an application in though my local dealer to purchase
  an Amiga500P... My dealer called me today and left a message on my answering
  machine to this effect:

  Commodore in its "Infinate Wisdom" has decided that all purchases under
  the educational plan are handled differently now.  The check is to be
  made out to the Dealer PLUS any Sales Tax... and the purchase comes
  out of the dealers stock.

  What I want to know is.. is this true? Do I now have to pay the sales
  tax? etc? Or is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

  Hopefully someone at commodore will answer this.. before I go and
  call him back... Thanks :)

---
 Ernest J. Gainey III	Home: ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us	  //\\
  The Amiga Aquarium  School:  gainey03@snybufva.bitnet 	 //==\\
   +1 716 999-9999    Snail : 87 Banner, Lancaster, NY 14086  \\//    \\miga!

guy@ns.network.com (Guy D'Andrea) (04/24/91)

In article <1908543e.ARN0502@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us> ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us (Ernest J. Gainey III) writes:

> Hello All,
>  Last friday I send an application in though my local dealer to purchase
>  an Amiga500P... My dealer called me today and left a message on my answering
>  machine to this effect:
>
>  Commodore in its "Infinate Wisdom" has decided that all purchases under
>  the educational plan are handled differently now.  The check is to be
>  made out to the Dealer PLUS any Sales Tax... and the purchase comes
>  out of the dealers stock.
>
>  What I want to know is.. is this true? Do I now have to pay the sales
>  tax? etc? Or is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?
>
>  Hopefully someone at commodore will answer this.. before I go and
>  call him back... Thanks :)
>
>---
> Ernest J. Gainey III	Home: ernie@aquarium.buffalo.ny.us	  //\\
>  The Amiga Aquarium  School:  gainey03@snybufva.bitnet 	 //==\\
>   +1 716 999-9999    Snail : 87 Banner, Lancaster, NY 14086  \\//    \\miga!

Well I don't work for Commodore but did buy through the Edu. Deal a couple of
months ago.  I was told that April 1st the "NEW" Edu. Deal would be in effect.
I got mine in the last day of March ;-)

Anyhow my dealer told me that very story you told.  My dealer said that Comm.
is doing this because so many dealers were upset that they were missing out.
I don't think your dealer is trying to rip you off - yes you do have to
pay local sales tax, but hey you'll get you stuff sooner right? ;-)

--
 Guy Dandrea, Network Systems Corp.                       //
 guy@nsco.network.com #129.191.1.1                    \\ //