[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Startup-sequence

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (04/24/91)

  Every time I ever make a change to a new startup-sequence, it refuses to
close the cli window upon booting unless I press RETURN. For instance, I just
installed a new hard drive today, and changed the 'addbuffers df0: 10' to
'addbuffers df1: 30'. Now, when it boots, I have to press return for the
cli window to disappear!

  How do I fix this for good?
--
    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

dac@prolix.pub.uu.oz.au (Andrew Clayton) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr24.021806.22733@sbcs.sunysb.edu>, David Tiberio writes:

>   Every time I ever make a change to a new startup-sequence, it refuses to
> close the cli window upon booting unless I press RETURN. For instance, I just
> installed a new hard drive today, and changed the 'addbuffers df0: 10' to
> 'addbuffers df1: 30'. Now, when it boots, I have to press return for the
> cli window to disappear!

How do you fix this problem normally?

{implied by ...

>   How do I fix this for good?

}

I don't get a CLI window hanging around when I change my startup-sequence.

It might help if you told everyone what editor you were using to accomplish
your change, and what sort of system you are using [hd, floppy, etc.] and
which version of Amigados. Or post the startup-sequence!

Dac
--

s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au (Luke Mewburn) (04/26/91)

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) writes:

>  Every time I ever make a change to a new startup-sequence, it refuses to
>close the cli window upon booting unless I press RETURN. For instance, I just
>installed a new hard drive today, and changed the 'addbuffers df0: 10' to
>'addbuffers df1: 30'. Now, when it boots, I have to press return for the
>cli window to disappear!

>  How do I fix this for good?
>--

Try this one:

replace the 'endcli' with:

ENDCLI <NIL: >NIL:

It does work. That is how I fixed it on a minimal system I made up...

>    David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN  Tomas Arce
>           Any students from SUNY Oswego? Please let me know! :)

>                   Un ragazzo di Casalbordino, Italia.

| Luke Mewburn   (Zak)                |     This side for rent...      |
| s902113@minyos.xx.rmit.oz.au        |                                |