[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] 2.0 speech driver? A more understandable Amiga?

ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) (05/01/91)

Along the thread of "..The Amiga talks like it has a mouth full of marbles,
a bad sinus cold, no teeth, and has a swollen tongue..." which recently
started here:

I read in a magazine last month that version 2.0.?.?.?.etc. of the system
software implemented a better version of the speech handler.  Does anyone
with experience with this have a comment?  I'm specifically interested in
whether or not the 2.0.etc  handler could be used on the 1.3 system.
(I have an A1000 and the chances of Rejeuvenation or Upgrading are still
 slim given my budget...)

Any and all information would be helpful!  I think the magazine was .INFO,
but I'm not certain...

In article <Yc7W8yS00WB6EI088d@andrew.cmu.edu> ia0i+@andrew.cmu.edu (Indu Tara Agarwal) writes:

>I read in a magazine last month that version 2.0.?.?.?.etc. of the system
>software implemented a better version of the speech handler.  Does anyone
>with experience with this have a comment?

Well, it's even more Americanish (sp?), so it's less usefull for
other (read: my) languages :-(
And every "K" gives you a sharp, metallic click (already reproted).

>  I'm specifically interested in
>whether or not the 2.0.etc  handler could be used on the 1.3 system.

Didn't try yet (for above reasons), but I guess it should work.