[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] HELLPP!!!

jtanner@jack.sns.com (Jason Tanner) (05/02/91)

     Is my monitor ruined???  When I loaded workbench today I noticed
a HORIBLE probelm! The top left, right and bottom right of my screen are
MUCH lighter than the rest.. the bottom left is also slightly lighter
and the top left is the worst.  The deep blue of the workbench has turned
to a bright purple, almost pink in the corners.. while the center stays
normal.. I have loaded other programs, cleaned my screen tightened the
cables.. nothing seems to help! Is the picture tube bad? Has this happened
to anyone else?  -  I forgot to mention I am using a 1084(no s, this one is
old.. used to use it with my 128) I never had a problem before!

| jtanner@jack.sns.com   -  -   Coke IS it! - -  Ask me, I don't work here   |
|                This space was intentionally  left filled.                  |
|------------------------------Dare to think!--------------------------------|

asg@sage.cc.purdue.edu (The Grand Master) (05/03/91)

In article <1991May1.211908.19056@jack.sns.com> jtanner@jack.sns.com (Jason Tanner) writes:
}
}     Is my monitor ruined???  When I loaded workbench today I noticed
}a HORIBLE probelm! The top left, right and bottom right of my screen are
}MUCH lighter than the rest.. the bottom left is also slightly lighter
}and the top left is the worst.  The deep blue of the workbench has turned
}to a bright purple, almost pink in the corners.. while the center stays
}normal.. I have loaded other programs, cleaned my screen tightened the
}cables.. nothing seems to help! Is the picture tube bad? Has this happened
}to anyone else?  -  I forgot to mention I am using a 1084(no s, this one is
}old.. used to use it with my 128) I never had a problem before!

See if there is something emiting a magnetic fiels (such as a magnet ;-) )
near the upper left of your scrren - This sound like th same results
produced when you bring a magnet close to a color TV  .
		Good Luck
			Bruce
---------
                                   ###             ##
Courtesy of Bruce Varney           ###               #
aka -> The Grand Master                               #
asg@sage.cc.purdue.edu             ###    #####       #
PUCC                               ###                #
;-)                                 #                #
;'>                                #               ##

karlm@epsilon.tih.no (Karl Martin Lund) (05/03/91)

|> |----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|> | jtanner@jack.sns.com   -  -   Coke IS it! - -  Ask me, I don't work here   |
|> |                This space was intentionally  left filled.                  |
|> |------------------------------Dare to think!--------------------------------|

I've had the same problem once, but it went away when I moved the loadspeakers wich was located next to the monitor. Magnetic fields should be a keyword here...

KMLUND

dtiberio@eeserv1.ic.sunysb.edu (David Tiberio) (05/07/91)

In article <1991May1.211908.19056@jack.sns.com> jtanner@jack.sns.com (Jason Tanner) writes:

>     Is my monitor ruined???  When I loaded workbench today I noticed
>a HORIBLE probelm! The top left, right and bottom right of my screen are
>MUCH lighter than the rest.. the bottom left is also slightly lighter
>and the top left is the worst.  The deep blue of the workbench has turned
>to a bright purple, almost pink in the corners.. while the center stays
>normal.. I have loaded other programs, cleaned my screen tightened the
>cables.. nothing seems to help! Is the picture tube bad? Has this happened
>to anyone else?  -  I forgot to mention I am using a 1084(no s, this one is
>old.. used to use it with my 128) I never had a problem before!
>
>--
>|----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>| jtanner@jack.sns.com   -  -   Coke IS it! - -  Ask me, I don't work here   |
>|                This space was intentionally  left filled.                  |

  Check to see if you have an electrical source near your monitor, such as a
fan. When I move my fan to the face of the monitor, I get a rainbow effect
of bueatiful colors. It would take an oval shape, and have a grainy look as
if it is dithered.

David

--
           David Tiberio  SUNY Stony Brook 2-3481  AMIGA  DDD-MEN
   "If you think that we're here for the money, we could live without it.