[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Info Wanted: Quantum 52LPS

tmb@davinci.acc.Virginia.EDU (Thomas M. Breeden) (05/23/91)

I've obtained a Quantum 52LPS hard drive to go into my older
A2000 system. (Is this the disk shipping currently with the 50MB A2000HD?).

No docs came with the disk. Can some kind soul mail me helpful
information for installing this?

eg, -I see three jumper posts labeled A0, A1, A2. Do I remove all
     three? (this is the first (and only) SCSI disk).
    -What does the SCSI terminator look like? Is this simply a jumper
     also.
    -What is the correct mountlist entry?

Thanks,

Tom Breeden
tmb@virginia.EDU      -> Internet
tmb@virginia          -> BITNET

            - Tom Breeden
              tmb@virginia.EDU      -> Internet
              tmb@virginia          -> BITNET

rmk@rmkhome.UUCP (Rick Kelly) (05/25/91)

In article <1991May23.122237.12726@murdoch.acc.Virginia.EDU> tmb@davinci.acc.Virginia.EDU (Thomas M. Breeden) writes:

>I've obtained a Quantum 52LPS hard drive to go into my older
>A2000 system. (Is this the disk shipping currently with the 50MB A2000HD?).
>
>No docs came with the disk. Can some kind soul mail me helpful
>information for installing this?
>
>eg, -I see three jumper posts labeled A0, A1, A2. Do I remove all
>     three? (this is the first (and only) SCSI disk).
>    -What does the SCSI terminator look like? Is this simply a jumper
>     also.
>    -What is the correct mountlist entry?

For drive 0, the first drive, remove all jumpers from A0, A1, and A2.

On a Quantum Drive the SCSI terminators will be three (3) SIP resistors.
They will be socketed, and placed near the SCSI connector.

I'm not sure about other technical info as I don't have a manual either.

Rick Kelly	rmk@rmkhome.UUCP	frog!rmkhome!rmk	rmk@frog.UUCP

technews@iitmax.iit.edu (Kevin Kadow) (05/29/91)

I just installed my Quantum 52LP, and ended up calling Quantum (the chicago
offices) after a few transfers, I left a message for the customer service
guy in Dallas (Steve) who returned my call in 10-15 minutes.

Cylinders: 751  Surfaces: 8  BlocksPerTrack: 17      otherwise standard.

I've got it connected to a Trumcard 500, on my A500 with 1.3 roms, and it
works great, but for some reason refuses to autoboot!
--

technews@iitmax.iit.edu                           kadokev@iitvax (bitnet)
                         My Employer Disagrees.