[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Default Icons - Can I USE them?

jeffg@comspec.uucp (Jeff Goebel) (05/27/91)

Is there any way (or existing utility) which allows me to CREATE a default
icon for a file without fiddluing with the COPY command os DOS?

What I'd like to do is this:  I have a few directories or files on disk
which do not have icons.  With wb2.0 I can create "visual" default icons
for these... but they go away, and can not accept a position snapshot
or internal data.

Ideally, a menu option to SNAPSHOT a fake icon should CREATE a real icon for
the item.  It seems logical.  If I'm not mistaken, snapshotting a deleted
DISK.INFO does in fact create a real disk.info.  I wish this were the case
with all occurances.

I have need for this often!

--
Jeff Goebel.
Comspec Staff.  I am obligated to point out that my messages are the views

In article <1991May27.134703.28716@comspec.uucp> jeffg@comspec.uucp (Jeff Goebel) writes:
> Is there any way (or existing utility) which allows me to CREATE a default
> icon for a file without fiddluing with the COPY command os DOS?

I just drop 'em into IconEdit and select "save".
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
<peter@sugar.hackercorp.com>.

andrewsr@u2.rutgers.edu (Rich Andrews) (06/01/91)

Hello.

There is a program called DefaultIcon which does what you want.  Try
ab20 in amiga/utilities/wb2.0 (or similar).

-Rich
--
  // Rich    | "But maybe it's not too late...You can still cheat the hands
\X/  Andrews |  of fate...Just roll the dice and play the game... - Wendy O