[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Programming stuff

cygnus@wpi.WPI.EDU (Marshall Robin) (05/30/91)

I am new to the world of AMiga and I am interested in writing programs
that take advantage of the Amiga's graphics and other capabilities. I
want to write in C and ML, and I have acquired A68k and DICE to that
end. What else do I need to start programming (include files, libraries,
etc)? Can I get them in the public domain, and if so, where? If not,
where can I get them? Am I overlooking anything? THANX.

Marshall

carolyn@cbmvax.commodore.com (Carolyn Scheppner - CATS) (06/01/91)

In article <91151.131633UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:
>>end. What else do I need to start programming (include files, libraries,
>>etc)? Can I get them in the public domain, and if so, where? If not,
>
>A magazine/disk called Amiga Animation has the 1.3 includes on its
>disk this month.  I just saw it at a Walden Books in the mall in
>Erie PA, so you can probably find it anywhere 8-).
>
>BTW.  A flyer included says, "everything on this disk is freely
>redistributable."  This might mean that Commodore wouldn't complain if
>you borrowed the includes from someone who already has a copy.  (How
>would they ever know?  And since you are doing them no harm by "pirating"
>the includes, what court would ever hear their lawsuit even if they did
>ever care?)
>
>           lee

Could someone on the net please mail me the name, address, and phone
number of the company that published this Amiga Animation disk ?

The Amiga include files are definitely NOT freely redistributable.

They are part of the Amiga operating system source code and therefore
may be distributed ONLY commercially, with proper copyrights and labeling,
and only under license from Commodore-Amiga.

We make the license VERY cheap to encourage commercial distribution
of the include files.

Even people with PD compilers can get an include file license - however
they must label the include file disks properly and sell them
directly to customers.

 Carolyn Scheppner -- Tech. Mgr. CATS - Commodore Amiga Technical Support
 PHONE 215-431-9180 {uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn  carolyn@commodore.com

 Oh I'm a numberjack and I'm OK, I code all night and I work all day...

Lee Sailer <UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> (06/01/91)

In article <91151.131633UH2@psuvm.psu.edu>, Lee Sailer <UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> says:

>A magazine/disk called Amiga Animation has the 1.3 includes on its
>disk this month.  I just saw it at a Walden Books in the mall in
>Erie PA, so you can probably find it anywhere 8-).

>           lee

*BOGISITY ALERT!! BOGOSITY ALERT!!!

Sorry.  Not Amiga Animations.  The includes are in Amiga World's
Technical magazine.

                   sorry

carolyn@cbmvax.commodore.com (Carolyn Scheppner - CATS) (06/03/91)

In article <91152.084001UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:

>Sorry.  Not Amiga Animations.  The includes are in Amiga World's
>Technical magazine.

They have a license to distribute the includes.

 Carolyn Scheppner -- Tech. Mgr. CATS - Commodore Amiga Technical Support
 PHONE 215-431-9180 {uunet,rutgers}!cbmvax!carolyn  carolyn@commodore.com

 Dev: When I list my new files it says "Today"     Cat: Call me tomorrow
 Dev: Now they say "Yesterday"                     Cat: Call me next week

carolyn@cbmvax.commodore.com (Carolyn Scheppner - CATS) (06/06/91)

In article <1991May30.145507.8665@wpi.WPI.EDU> cygnus@wpi.WPI.EDU (Marshall Robin) writes:
>I am new to the world of AMiga and I am interested in writing programs
>that take advantage of the Amiga's graphics and other capabilities. I
>want to write in C and ML, and I have acquired A68k and DICE to that
>end. What else do I need to start programming (include files, libraries,
>etc)? Can I get them in the public domain, and if so, where? If not,
>where can I get them? Am I overlooking anything? THANX.
>
>Marshall

Developers and would-be developers in the US and Canada may order
the 4-disk "1.3 Native Developer Update" from the following address.
The update contains includes, autodocs, libs, and readmes.

Payment via $20 check made out to Commodore Business Machines.
Ask for "1.3 Native Developer Update".

        Commodore Business Machines
	Dept. C
        1200 Wilson Drive
        West Chester, PA 19380
        USA

We don't have a 2.0 Native Developer Update available yet.

berger@geocub.UUCP (Olivier Berger) (06/08/91)

In article <22117@cbmvax.commodore.com> carolyn@cbmvax.commodore.com (Carolyn Scheppner - CATS) writes:
>In article <91152.084001UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:
>>
>>Sorry.  Not Amiga Animations.  The includes are in Amiga World's
>>Technical magazine.
>
>They have a license to distribute the includes.

Ok, but if I don't make any mistake, I think I've read on the disks
from AWTJ that their disks could be freely copied , and contained only
PD or shareware stuff ...
So do AWTJ readers have any right to distribute the disk with 1.3
include ?

thanx in advance for your answer Carolyn.

FROM: OLIVIER BERGER			UNIVERSITE DE BORDEAUX I
Administrator of the Bordeaux		LICENCE D'INFORMATIQUE
User Group of Scientific Students	berger@geocub.greco-prog.fr