[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] colors on startup

sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Napalm) (05/28/91)

My friend recently purchased a 500 system <much like mine> but when he turns it
on, occasianally a purple color will show, then grey then white. I remember
reading about different colors meaning different things and unless its a shade
of grey its not normal/good. This doesnt happen under a warm reboot, only cold
ones and as I said doesnt usually occur. any help?

**********************************PiRho****************************************
"All power comes from the barrel of a gun"  //
sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu            \\ // Amiga makes it possible
                                         \X/

jeremym@brahms.udel.edu (Jeremy A Moskowitz) (05/28/91)

In article <1991May27.235154.27784@cunixf.cc.columbia.edu> sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu (Napalm) writes:

>My friend recently purchased a 500 system <much like mine> but when he turns it
>on, occasianally a purple color will show, then grey then white. I remember
>reading about different colors meaning different things and unless its a shade
>of grey its not normal/good. This doesnt happen under a warm reboot, only cold
>ones and as I said doesnt usually occur. any help?

>sss10@cunixb.cc.columbia.edu            \\ // Amiga makes it possible

My 2000 does that too.. When I asked Dave Haynie (the a2000 god)
...he said that sometimes in certain computers, the video warms
up faster than the rest of the machine causing the purple effect.

ie: NOTHING TO WORRY 'BOUT.

Red, Green and others are Highly bad... but purple is O.K.

--
E Pluribus //  Contacts: jeremym@brahms.udel.edu or jeremym@chopin.udel.edu or
  Unix    //		 jeremym@freezer.acs.udel.edu -amiga clasic 2000-

jlong@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (John Long) (06/13/91)

There is a new ftp site in Hawaii which has an amiga directory y'all might
want to peruse...

One of the files contained therein has information on the meaning of the
boot colors.

SITE NAME: ftp.hawaii.edu
LOGIN: anonymous

FILE: /pub/amiga/text/boot.colors

'tis a text file.

Aloha, y'all!
-LongJohn

amiga@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (ftp Amiga Manager) (06/14/91)

In article <13441@uhccux.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu> jlong@uhunix1.uhcc.Hawaii.Edu (John Long) writes:
>There is a new ftp site in Hawaii which has an amiga directory y'all might
>want to peruse...
>
>One of the files contained therein has information on the meaning of the
>boot colors.
>
>SITE NAME: ftp.hawaii.edu
>LOGIN: anonymous

I hadn't planned on announcing this until I finished setting it up, but I guess
the cat's out of the bag now.  I'm currently in the process of moving over and
hopefully improving) our old archive.  There are a number of improvements in
the new archive, at least for myself, as the manager of it, and also its
patrons.  Eventually I hope to get a modified fred fish collection up (modified
in the sense that I'll try an remove versions of contributions that have been
superceded by updates on later disks, and I've lharc-ed everything). Feel free
to to use the site in the meantime.  I recommend the index if you are looking
for something in particular.  I'll repost a quick note for an "official"
announcement once I'm done setting everything up.

-baron

--
  // uhunix amiga archive | amiga@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu | ftp: ftp.hawaii.edu
\X/  "just another peon"  | baron@uhunix.uhcc.hawaii.edu |      128.171.7.7