[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Switching task priorites?????

umnoor@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Nasir Ahmed Noor) (06/18/91)

I would like to able to view the given priorities for all the tasks running and
be able to change the priorty.  Is there a program available for this purpose?
If there is a cli command that does something like this please tell me about it
and the syntax used.

		TAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bdraschk@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Bernd Raschke) (06/18/91)

umnoor@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Nasir Ahmed Noor) writes:

>I would like to able to view the given priorities for all the tasks running and
>be able to change the priorty.  Is there a program available for this purpose?
>If there is a cli command that does something like this please tell me about it
>and the syntax used.
You can change the priority of your current shell and any programs started
from it with the 'changetaskpri <priority>' command. Default is 0, range
is from -128 to 127 (or so), but >= 20 could block your input.device
(only escape: reboot).
 For already launched programms use XOper, available in version 2.2
(or so) on Fish Disk. Additionaly it allows you to remove processes from
the ready list (freeze) so that they never get the CPU anymore.

>		TAI!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hai!
Ciao,
	bernd
---
Bernd 'The Real Arthur!' Raschke           |Only //
bdraschk@faui09.informatik.uni-erlangen.de | \\ // Amiga
hartmannstr. 129 8520 erlangen 09131 38244 |  \X/ makes it possible
              "Wer nicht an Wunder glaubt, der ist kein Realist"

umnoor@ccu.umanitoba.ca (Nasir Ahmed Noor) (06/18/91)

I got a lot of responses about this question.  Rather then deal with them individually I will just post the results.
I found out that there are a few progarms available on fish disks that do exactly what I want to do.  Xoper, taskx, and artm are the ones.  The only one that I
know of availability is taskx.  This is on ff156 or ff157.  The others had no #
attatched to them.

Thanks to all the people who sent me mail and posted an answer.