[comp.sys.amiga.introduction] Doctor, doctor, I've got trouble with my Siemens

job@uk.ac.cam.cl (John Bates) (06/26/91)

You may remember that I've been asking for a driver for a Siemens ink
jet printer.

Well listen- nobody's replied. Will noone help?

The printer doesn't print anything- not even with the generic driver.

Some general advice would be licky- perhaps even worth a tongue sandwich.

Love & kisses

Joblet
xx

doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu (Jeffrey W Davis) (06/29/91)

In article <JOB.91Jun26142422@ely.uk.ac.cam.cl> job@uk.ac.cam.cl (John Bates)
writes:
>You may remember that I've been asking for a driver for a Siemens ink
>jet printer.
>
>Well listen- nobody's replied. Will noone help?
>
>The printer doesn't print anything- not even with the generic driver.
>
>Some general advice would be licky- perhaps even worth a tongue sandwich.
>
>Love & kisses
>
>Joblet
>xx

I just HAD to answer this one.

The generic driver should drive the printer if the printer responds to
ascii text without being in a special mode or requiring an initialization
code.

You cable may not be correct for that particular printer if you are getting
no response at all.  If the printer requires special codes for printing,
the cable can be tested by sending the 'test' codes to the PAR: device.
The PAR: device is direct to the printer and does no control code
processing.

If you need more help, let me know.  I may even write a driver for it,
since I need to write a couple already.  Does the cable drive other printer
models?

BTW: Possibly the reason no one has answered your request is due to
     a similar problem that I had with the mailer.  It does not
     successfully get mail to you.

* Jeff Davis                * Relax! And get into    ///  *
* doctorj@en.ecn.purdue.edu * the STRESS!!!         ///   *
*                           * -Gigahertz!-  Amiga\XX/ 882 *
	    -=[ In Stereo Where Available ]=-