[comp.unix.amiga] Graphics under UNIX

dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca (Colin DeWolfe) (01/12/91)

In article <14188@milton.u.washington.edu> mtv@milton.u.washington.edu (David Schanen) writes:

>   What does anyone know of graphics (esp 3D redering and animation) software
>that has been or is being developed for the Amiga with the UNIX platform.
>
>   I am also interested in video/audio production software.
>
>	  Gee is there a catalog out? :^)

Well, as for the 3d rendering/animation software for Amiga UNIX, I would assume
you could rip off your friendly neighborhood IRIS or SUN for their PD Raytracers
and solid modellers.  That's how I ported VORT, Rayshade and MTV to my A3000.
The advantage of Amiga UNIX is, since it supports Xwindows, you don't have to
write your own display/post-processor program to look at the suckers...

--
Colin DeWolfe
dewolfe@ug.cs.dal.ca

ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (01/16/91)

In article <14188@milton.u.washington.edu> mtv@milton.u.washington.edu (David Schanen) writes:

>   What does anyone know of graphics (esp 3D redering and animation) software
>that has been or is being developed for the Amiga with the UNIX platform.
>
>   I am also interested in video/audio production software.

My question is when will there be an option providing reasonable
screen resolution?  X is painful to use on VGA-class screens.

--
	ken seefried iii	"A sneer, a snarl, a whip that
	ken@dali.gatech.edu	 stings...these are a few of

ag@cbmvax.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) (01/16/91)

In article <19711@hydra.gatech.EDU> ken@dali.gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii)
writes:
>My question is when will there be an option providing reasonable
>screen resolution?  X is painful to use on VGA-class screens.

The X server will run on a hedley screen (A2024 monitor).  The screen
resolution on a hedley can be 1024x1024.

The TIGA graphics card can also be used.

Pax, Keith