[comp.unix.amiga] A3000UX availability

dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) (01/24/91)

In article <5637@idunno.Princeton.EDU> news@idunno.Princeton.EDU (USENET News System) writes:
|IS [the A3000UX] available to students? I spoke to software hut in Philadelphia
|and they said that Commodore was still deciding whether to have educational
|pricing on it. Since UNIX is so widespread on campuses, it would be silly
|not to make the discounts available to students....
|
|I am a full-time undergraduate and I WANT a A3000UX

I heard (initially, at least) the A3000UX will be available *only* through
the educational discount program.

|--Janaka Withana
|jwithana@phoenix.princeton.edu  "life is mostly fun, the rest is bullshit"

Dave Schaumann		|  And then -- what then?  Then, future...
dave@cs.arizona.edu	|  		-Weather Report

tcr@tcr.UUCP (The Computer Room) (01/25/91)

In article <725@caslon.cs.arizona.edu>, dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) writes:
> In article <5637@idunno.Princeton.EDU> news@idunno.Princeton.EDU (USENET News System) writes:
> |IS [the A3000UX] available to students? I spoke to software hut in Philadelphia
> |and they said that Commodore was still deciding whether to have educational
> |pricing on it. Since UNIX is so widespread on campuses, it would be silly
> |not to make the discounts available to students....
> |
> |I am a full-time undergraduate and I WANT a A3000UX
>
> I heard (initially, at least) the A3000UX will be available *only* through
> the educational discount program.
>
> |--Janaka Withana
> |jwithana@phoenix.princeton.edu  "life is mostly fun, the rest is bullshit"
>
> Dave Schaumann		|  And then -- what then?  Then, future...
> dave@cs.arizona.edu	|  		-Weather Report

	To clear this up (maybe:-) here's my point of view.  We are an Amiga Dealer that
has also been participating in the Education Transition Program (which has recently ended),
and we _have_ Amiga 3000UX's available for sale to normal customers.  We _do not_ have
any information on Educational Pricing for the 3000UX, yet. (Probably my fault for not
calling and checking).

	The configuration that we are ordering is the 9MB system, with Ethernet card and
200MB HD.  Based on our cost and normal discount, we estimate the retail sales price to be
$6995 (Definatly my fault for not calling and checking :-).  This system is coming with
a BETA version of the operating system and manuals, but there is a free (except for freight
and handling) upgrade offer to 1.0 (or the non-BETA release).
---
John Sobernheim		tcr@tcr.UUCP | ...boulder!tcr!{tcr!root!news}
The Computer Room	CIS 76625,1210 | 76625.1210@compuserve.com
Denver, Colorado 	"But Moma, that's where the fun is!" (Manfred Man, BS)

diamond@cbmvax.commodore.com (Howard Diamond - Ed Marketing) (01/29/91)

In article <725@caslon.cs.arizona.edu> dave@cs.arizona.edu (Dave P. Schaumann) writes:
>In article <5637@idunno.Princeton.EDU> news@idunno.Princeton.EDU (USENET News System) writes:
>|IS [the A3000UX] available to students? I spoke to software hut in Philadelphia
>|and they said that Commodore was still deciding whether to have educational
>|pricing on it. Since UNIX is so widespread on campuses, it would be silly
>|not to make the discounts available to students....
>|
>|I am a full-time undergraduate and I WANT a A3000UX
>
>I heard (initially, at least) the A3000UX will be available *only* through
>the educational discount program.

Not true

--

Howard S. Diamond  Director of Education, Commodore Business Machines
1200 Wilson Drive West Chester, Pa, 19380