[comp.unix.amiga] Porting PD Programs to Amiga Unix

ag@cbmvax.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) (02/05/91)

In article <KD9+DW-@irie.ais.org> jph@ais.org (Joseph Hillenburg) writes:
>Why doesn't C= stick GNU-BASH in there? It'd be an easy thing to add,
>and easy to port. I've used it on the FSF machines, here, and the BYU
>machines.  (I had to compile the one at BYU myself...)

We, as The Amiga Unix Development Team, have tried to port as many of
the useful freely distributed code we code.  We just do not have time
(or the space) to port every piece of Free Code out there.

I would like to see BaSH, TEX, and Epoch ported to Amiga Unix but we
haven't the resources to put toward this type of work when the OS has
only just been released and we are working diligently on the 2.0
release.

If you have an Amiga Unix system and have ported any applications, by
all means send us/me mail.  I'd really like to see some of this code
make it on the next release.

Pax, Keith