[comp.unix.amiga] driver support

clp@gumby.Altos.COM (Chuck L. Peterson) (02/13/91)

Item in announcement says:
>	Amiga hardware device drivers with source code
>
>		Support for Amiga floppy drives and serial port, A3000 and
>		A2091 SCSI interfaces, A2065 Ethernet, A2232 serial card

Could somebody please verify for me that the 3000 SVR4 actually contains
the source for all these drivers?  It seems too good to be true.

Chuck L. Peterson
clp@altos.com

cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) (02/13/91)

> Item in announcement says:
> >       Amiga hardware device drivers with source code
> >
> >               Support for Amiga floppy drives and serial port, A3000 and
> >               A2091 SCSI interfaces, A2065 Ethernet, A2232 serial card

> Could somebody please verify for me that the 3000 SVR4 actually contains
> the source for all these drivers?  It seems too good to be true.
> Chuck L. Peterson

Boy, I missed that in the announcement!  If Commodore really does (and sure
hope they do!) this, it will be amazing, great.  I would like to hear
more about this too!

Loren J. Rittle
--
``NewTek stated that the Toaster *would not* be made to directly support the
  Mac, at this point Sculley stormed out of the booth...'' -A scene at the

crash@ckctpa.UUCP (Frank J. Edwards) (02/14/91)

In article <1991Feb13.003617.22969@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> cs326ag@ux1.cso.uiuc.edu (Loren J. Rittle) writes:
>> Item in announcement says:
>> >       Amiga hardware device drivers with source code
>> >
>> >               Support for Amiga floppy drives and serial port, A3000 and
>> >               A2091 SCSI interfaces, A2065 Ethernet, A2232 serial card

I don't think he means "source code for the drivers", but rather "source
code showing how to use the drivers".  There are about a dozen examples
of how to directly access the /dev/scsi device, the virtual terminal
device, ioctl()'s for controlling the screen display, etc.

So far I haven't seen the driver source :-)  But I'd like to be able to
write MS-DOS floppies on this thing -- and that's supposed to be RSN...
--
Frank J. Edwards		|  "I did make up my own mind -- there
2677 Arjay Court		|   simply WASN'T ANY OTHER choice!"