[comp.unix.amiga] Amiga Unix Tech Notes available

tn@amix.commodore.com (Amiga Unix Tech Notes) (01/11/91)

What are the Tech Notes?

    A forum for keeping you up-to-date on Commodore's UNIX activity.

What is the purpose of the Tech Notes?

    Provide you with a source of announcements, discussion of new features,
    items of general interest, highlights from our documentation, and tips
    and techniques from our developers.

How often will we publish the Tech Notes?

    Every other month, depending on our other deadlines and the quantity of
    new and interesting information.

Who gets the Tech Notes?

    Anyone who asks for it.  Contact us.

If you'd like the first issue of our Tech Notes mailed to you, send your
US Mail address to

	technotes@amix.commodore.com
or
	tn@amix.commodore.com

fischer@iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) (01/11/91)

tn> What are the Tech Notes?
tn> ...
tn> Who gets the Tech Notes?

tn>     Anyone who asks for it.  Contact us.

It would be nice it you could simply post the Tech Notes to this
forum. If there is going to lots of them, we could always have a
comp.unix.amiga.notes :-)

/Lars
--
Lars Fischer,  fischer@iesd.auc.dk   | Q: How does a project get to be one
CS Dept., Univ. of Aalborg, DENMARK. | year late?     A: One day at a time.

Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Frank Neumann) (01/13/91)

Hello fellows,
fischer@iesd.auc.dk (Lars P. Fischer) writes:

>tn> Who gets the Tech Notes?
>tn>     Anyone who asks for it.  Contact us.

>It would be nice it you could simply post the Tech Notes to this
>forum. If there is going to lots of them, we could always have a
>comp.unix.amiga.notes :-)

I do fully agree on this - wouldn't it be even much less work for the
TechNotes team ? I just read the article (TOO FAST), and thought
'wonderful - they'll E-Mail it to me', but right before sending off
a request to e-mail it to me, I re-read the text..."US Mail"....
Hmm...that's not what I was looking for - so, tough C=-guys - what
about posting the TechNotes here ?
--
+ Frank Neumann, Hauptstr. 107, 2900 Oldenburg, FRG   The Amiga is it.  +
+       InterNet: Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de        +

skrenta@cbmvax.commodore.com (Rich Skrenta) (01/13/91)

Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Frank Neumann) writes:
> I do fully agree on this - wouldn't it be even much less work for the
> TechNotes team ? I just read the article (TOO FAST), and thought
> 'wonderful - they'll E-Mail it to me', but right before sending off
> a request to e-mail it to me, I re-read the text..."US Mail"....

Yes, many others didn't manage to catch that at the last moment.
Next time I'll have to put lots of stars and arrows around the
"US mail" so people will be sure to see it. :-)

> Hmm...that's not what I was looking for - so, tough C=-guys - what
> about posting the TechNotes here ?

The TechNotes is a paper publication, desktop published, sent to
the printer, with graphics and pictures and nice fonts.  Cramming
it into an ASCII post would be possible, but it seems to make more
sense to just respond to technical questions that come up here.

I favor email over paper mail myself, but it's no trouble to
*receive* paper mail, only to send it.  Or so I thought...

Rich
--
Rich Skrenta
skrenta@cbmvax.commodore.com

vac241j@monu6.cc.monash.edu.au (Anthony Baxter) (01/14/91)

skrenta@cbmvax.commodore.com (Rich Skrenta) writes:

>Frank.Neumann@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Frank Neumann) writes:
>> I do fully agree on this - wouldn't it be even much less work for the
>> TechNotes team ? I just read the article (TOO FAST), and thought
>> 'wonderful - they'll E-Mail it to me', but right before sending off
>> a request to e-mail it to me, I re-read the text..."US Mail"....

>Yes, many others didn't manage to catch that at the last moment.
>Next time I'll have to put lots of stars and arrows around the
>"US mail" so people will be sure to see it. :-)

>> Hmm...that's not what I was looking for - so, tough C=-guys - what
>> about posting the TechNotes here ?

>The TechNotes is a paper publication, desktop published, sent to
>the printer, with graphics and pictures and nice fonts.  Cramming
>it into an ASCII post would be possible, but it seems to make more
>sense to just respond to technical questions that come up here.

So what do those of us outside the US do about recieving these Tech Notes?
Will Commodore in other countries be making them availiable?

Anthony

>Rich
>--
>Rich Skrenta
>skrenta@cbmvax.commodore.com
--
Wizards dont like philosophy very much.  |   Robotics and Digital
As far as they are concerned, one        |    Technology, Monash

scottf@cai.uucp (Scott Fleming) (01/16/91)

How do we get a copy of these?  If you could post any information, or e-mail me anything in regards to the tech notes; I would be grateful.  Thanks.

r_moore@vger.nsu.edu (01/18/91)

In article <1991Jan15.193505.8607@cai.uucp>, scottf@cai.uucp (Scott Fleming) writes:
> How do we get a copy of these?  If you could post any information, or e-mail me anything in regards to the tech notes; I would be grateful.  Thanks.

 I would also be interesed in getting these tech notes if you cannot/do not
post could you please send mail
                       thanks in advance,
                                Richard

tn@amix.commodore.com (Amiga Unix Tech Notes) (02/02/91)

1.	Tech Notes volume 1 has been mailed.

	Send us your OLD FASHIONED HARD COPY PAPER MAIL address if you
	want to be on the mailing list for future issues.  If you've
	already sent us your address, you don't need to send it again.

2.	Tech Notes will be mailed to anyone who requests it, in any
	country.  Commodore offices in various countries will also
	have copies to distribute as they see fit, but we'll answer any
	requests we receive through tn@amix.commodore.com ourselves.

3.	Tech Notes most likely will not be posted on the net.
	It is not intended as an interactive forum of late-breaking
	information and answers.  It is a regular printed publication.

	I expect that technical exchanges on comp.unix.amiga will
	continue, and don't expect Tech Notes to be part of that exchange
	or to influence it in any way.  Nobody expects us to post our
	manuals, or our software upgrades, on the net; same should apply
	to Tech Notes.

4.	Tech Notes is a technical document, published and distributed
	in our more-or-less free time by the UNIX engineering group.
	We have nothing to do with sales and marketing, so please don't
	send requests for marketing literature and other types of questions
	to tn@amix.commodore.com.  The only purpose for this address is
	to manage the Tech Notes mailing list.

	Contact Commodore's marketing department if you want to buy or
	discuss Amiga UNIX and the 3000UX.

5.	As before, the way to get on the Tech Notes mailing address is
	to send your PRINTED MAIL (the kind that requires stamps and
	envelopes) to tn@amix.commodore.com.

--
Richard Buck, (215) 344-3019, buck@amix.commodore.com  (1/91)

dcr3567@isc.rit.edu (D.C. Richardson ) (02/04/91)

  I just received my Tech Notes on Saturday.  Me and my roommate both
felt that the included color-glossy-sales brochures were quite pavlovian
 (IE, they made us drool.. :)

  Quite a professional job folks... thanks.

  (This event also coincided with the purchase, by above roommate, of
the premier issue of NeXTWorld.  A slick and glossy rag.  An EXTREMELY
slick and glossy rag.  Even so, roommate is undecided which he wants.)

  Amazing what a little gloss can do for an opinion...

-Dan

--
Daniel C. Richardson
Rochester Institute Of Technology     /    Mechanical Engineering Dept.

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (02/15/91)

In article <1991Feb4.033446.20567@isc.rit.edu> dcr3567@isc.rit.edu (D.C. Richardson ) writes:
>  (This event also coincided with the purchase, by above roommate, of
>the premier issue of NeXTWorld.  A slick and glossy rag.  An EXTREMELY
>slick and glossy rag.  Even so, roommate is undecided which he wants.)

Funny .. I saw that issue of NeXTWorld and thought it was written
for people with more money than brains ...

[Followups-To: comp.sys.amiga.advocacy]
--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<- Formerly: David Herron -- NonResident E-Mail Hack <david@ms.uky.edu>