[comp.unix.amiga] A2024 Help

jason@cbmami.UUCP (Jason Goldberg) (03/19/91)

Hi,

I am having some trouble setting up out A2024 monitor on an A3000UX.  I
modified the of some of virtual screens in /etc/inittab to be bigger, the
A2024 should be able to do 1024 x 800 so I tries a few screens this size
and some smaller.  And I linked the /bin/true file to the A2024 file
/etc/amiga/bin/A2024 (I think), as per the manual.  When I go to one of the
other virtual screens, I can't see the top few lines of the screen or the
left most two characters.  What have I done wrong?

Thanks,

-Jason-

Jason Goldberg				UUCP: ucsd!serene!cbmami!jason
Del Mar, CA

ford@amix.commodore.com (Mike "Ford" Ditto) (03/21/91)

jason@cbmami.UUCP (Jason Goldberg) writes:
> I am having some trouble setting up out A2024 monitor on an A3000UX.
> When I go to one of the other virtual screens, I can't see the top
> few lines of the screen or the left most two characters.

Have you changed the "sioc displayadjust" parameters for overscan?
The default settings (0,0,0,0) work for an A2024.  The xoffset,
yoffset and yoverscan fields must be zero to see the whole display,
although you can set xoverscan to 16 to use the tiny bit of horizontal
overscan the A2024 allows.

The all-zero setting should work, though.  If it doesn't, the only
thing I can think of is some sort of calibration problem.

					-=] Ford [=-

"But everybody wants a rock		(In Real Life:  Mike Ditto)
 to wind a piece of string around."	ford@amix.commodore.com
 - They Might be Giants,		uunet!cbmvax!ditto
   "We want a rock"			ford@kenobi.commodore.com