[comp.unix.amiga] Unix Kit for A3000, A2500, A2620

rudy@dorn.ruhr.de (Rudolf Neuhaus) (03/21/91)

On the CeBIT there were SOME information about the price of Unix for an
A3000, A2500 or A2620. The price they mention is only an "estimated could
be" price. They said it's about DM3750,- (devided by 1.6 is about $2350)
for the complete Unix including all the 3000UX has and INCLUDING an 200Mb
Harddrive... So thats not too bad. But only an inofficial "estimated"
price, that was shown by the TeX-previewer - on an inofficial pricelist.
The A3000T was listed also with DM700,- (about $435) more than the
regular 3000.
I couldn't get to know, wether the toaster will fit in the 3000T -
"probably" is all they said. I don't know the toaster and because it's only
NTSC most of the german Commodore people don't know it either, but they
said there is plenty of room if it's only wider than the specifications
allow it to be - but if it's longer you'd have to cut some stuff away.
The mouse is a three button mouse of course, if you take the system with
Unix. Still looks different - but better(my opinion). The 1.44Mb drive is
probably realized by just letting it turn half as fast as an AT would.

I did also see X in color with the tiga-card. That's great! And it did
already work. But they did not say anything about the prices on this one.
It's going to come out "soon" :-(...
That's all.
Rudy
_______________________________________
 Rudolf Neuhaus, Kreuzstr. 144 |__o_/  \rudy@dorn.ruhr.de
 4600 Dortmund 1,   Germany    |  \\    international only to:
 Tel. +49-231-103703           |  / \   ckcb01@DDOHRZ11.bitnet, please

In article <18dbb28c.ARN024a@dorn.ruhr.de> ckcb01@DDOHRZ11.bitnet (Rudolf Neuhaus) writes:
>On the CeBIT there were SOME information about the price of Unix for an
>A3000, A2500 or A2620. The price they mention is only an "estimated could
>be" price. They said it's about DM3750,- (devided by 1.6 is about $2350)
>for the complete Unix including all the 3000UX has and INCLUDING an 200Mb
>Harddrive... So thats not too bad. But only an inofficial "estimated"
>price, that was shown by the TeX-previewer - on an inofficial pricelist.
>The A3000T was listed also with DM700,- (about $435) more than the
>regular 3000.

	Just a reminder: Commodore prices in one country often bear little
resemblance to prices in another country.  The sales company decides the price
(and often the bundling, like adding a hard disk to a package).

Not an official statement, etc, etc.

{uunet|rutgers}!cbmvax!jesup, jesup@cbmvax.commodore.com  BIX: rjesup
The compiler runs
Like a swift-flowing river
I wait in silence.  (From "The Zen of Programming")  ;-)