[comp.unix.amiga] Color X on Amiga add

rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) (03/31/91)

	OK, somebody better 'fess up one way or the other:

	Page 4, April '91 UNIX Review. There is a picture of a
	3000UX with a 1950 monitor and COLOR X. Is marketing lying
	through it's teeth or is there something we're not being
	told? Is color X working with the stock video? Will we have
	to wait for V2.0 or will 1.1 let us get color if we ask
	it reeeeeeal nice?

	Nice ad, the picture does raise some questions tho.

		-Rob
--

Rob Healey                                          rhealey@digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)

ag@amix.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) (04/03/91)

In article <1991Mar31.015651.11993@digibd.com> rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey)
writes:
>Page 4, April '91 UNIX Review. There is a picture of a 3000UX with a
>1950 monitor and COLOR X. Is marketing lying through it's teeth or is
>there something we're not being told? Is color X working with the
>stock video? Will we have to wait for V2.0 or will 1.1 let us get
>color if we ask it reeeeeeal nice?

That 1950 monitor was connected to a TIGA board (A2410).  We are working
on native mode color X.  It probably will NOT be in release 2.0.

Pax, Keith
--
Keith Gabryelski                                 Advanced Products Group
ag@amix.commodore.com                                 ...!cbmvax!amix!ag