[comp.unix.amiga] Framemaker on 3000UX

Michael.Witbrock@cs.cmu.edu (04/17/91)

I sincerely hope that Commodore is talking with frame corp about getting
framemaker on the 3000UX.
It should be an easy port for them, and a big boon for us.

Having framemaker running under amigados would be even nicer or course.
then I wouldn't need an X terminal at home (well, I would, but not as
much).

michael

swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) (04/17/91)

In article <Uc2uqqm00XNIQ1OWQp@cs.cmu.edu> Michael.Witbrock@cs.cmu.edu writes:
>I sincerely hope that Commodore is talking with frame corp about getting
>framemaker on the 3000UX.
>It should be an easy port for them, and a big boon for us.

                            [...]

Hear hear!  Frame is a super product and we use it extensively here.  It
runs on Suns under Sunview(TM) and it also runs on CONVEXen under X.  This
application appears to have been ported pretty widely.  It would be a great
X app for the 3000UX.
            _.
--Steve   ._||__      DISCLAIMER: All opinions are my own.
  Warren   v\ *|     ----------------------------------------------
             V       {uunet,sun}!convex!swarren; swarren@convex.com
--

brett@visix.com (Brett Bourbin) (04/18/91)

In article <1991Apr17.160805.4450@convex.com>, swarren@convex.com (Steve Warren) writes:
> In article <Uc2uqqm00XNIQ1OWQp@cs.cmu.edu> Michael.Witbrock@cs.cmu.edu writes:
> >I sincerely hope that Commodore is talking with frame corp about getting
> >framemaker on the 3000UX.
> >It should be an easy port for them, and a big boon for us.
>
> This application appears to have been ported pretty widely.  It would be a great
> X app for the 3000UX.

I, personally, being a A3000 owner, would like to see many of the UNIX titles ported to
the 3000UX box.  If you have been able to got to any of the UNIX shows (Uniforum, Xhibition)
you have seen that there are a few really well-programmed apps for other UNIX platforms.
I hope that C= has the forsight to get things rolling.

Imagine a interface above-and-beyond Intuition running on the 3000UX.  8^)

--
                                __
  Brett Bourbin          \  / /(_  /\/   11440 Commerce Park Drive