[comp.unix.amiga] Porting mailing list for Amiga UNIX

rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) (05/20/91)

	I organized this in another article but I think this deserves
	it's own posting.

	We should set up a mailing list for porting efforts that
	includes the gang at C= so that porting efforts aren't done
	multiple times. Since I have such a big mouth, I'm willing
	to set it up. If you want to join and help coordinate ports,
	send mail to:
	amix-ports-request@kas.helios.mn.org
	Please include an e-mail address to have the list sent to
	and a list of programs you've ported or will be porting.

	After a week or so if I get enough names I'll set up a mailing
	list and we can start comparing notes. Hopefully the C= crew
	will be willing to join too. I would ask that only one e-mail
	address per host be used, preferably an alias at your site so
	that it can be updated without having to change the alias on
	kas.

	Let's see if we can get things organized!

	If a list like this already exists or if someone else wants to
	organize it, let me know. I'm a ways off the internet so I'm
	not the optimal choice for a mail list exploder...

		-Rob
--

Rob Healey                                          rhealey@digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)

buck@amix.commodore.com (Richard Buck) (05/29/91)

rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:

> 	We should set up a mailing list for porting efforts that
> 	includes the gang at C= so that porting efforts aren't done
> 	multiple times. Since I have such a big mouth, I'm willing
> 	to set it up. If you want to join and help coordinate ports,
> 	send mail to:
> 	amix-ports-request@kas.helios.mn.org
>

> 		-Rob
> --
>
> Rob Healey                                          rhealey@digibd.com
> Digi International (DigiBoard)
> Eden Prairie, MN                                    (612) 943-9020

Thanks, Rob.

C= will definitely participate; Keith already signed up.  We will provide
whatever help with public domain ports we can, as well as continue on our
own ports.  I definitely applaud your desire to avoid redundant ports.

If you keep us informed as to which ports are done, we'll try to include
the big ones on the next release.  (Submissions for 2.0 are due basically
NOW.)  Also, we would like to help set up a uucp share area, as in your
previous suggestion, as soon as a reasonable body of software is available.
We're one step off the net, so we can offer our site until a better one is
available.

--
		Richard Buck, (215) 344-3019, buck@amix.commodore.com  (5/91)

chris@kessner.denver.co.us (Chris Hanson) (05/30/91)

In article <2394@amix.commodore.com> buck@amix.commodore.com (Richard Buck) writes:
>rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:
>>
>If you keep us informed as to which ports are done, we'll try to include
>the big ones on the next release.  (Submissions for 2.0 are due basically
>NOW.)  Also, we would like to help set up a uucp share area, as in your
>previous suggestion, as soon as a reasonable body of software is available.
>We're one step off the net, so we can offer our site until a better one is
>available.

  Myself and David Kessner (owns this machine) ported and improved the X
game XRobots to Beta3j. It seems to work OK under 1.1 also. Does anyone
have any interest in this? It is a fun time-waster, much like MS Windows
solitaire. ;) BTW: I kinda like the solitaire game that was included in
the X developement section of the tape, but where can I get the AMIX-ized
source so I can add a few features to it? I was unable to find it on the tape,
must I contact its original author at Sun?

>		Richard Buck, (215) 344-3019, buck@amix.commodore.com  (5/91)

  BTW, Richard. I believe it was you I spoke to some weeks ago when getting
a subscription to Tech Notes for The Computer Room. Can you give me an
updated ETA on that nefarious list of Amix programs? Yes, I've been
harassing Frame again. Sigh.

   Chris - Xenon

--
chris@kessner.denver.co.us (Chris_Hanson || Lord_Xenon || Kelson_Haldane)
Home: (303)762-0849, Work: (303) 696-8973, Flames: 1-976-DEV-NULL