[comp.unix.amiga] PowerUp deal for UX's too?

rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) (05/15/91)

	I have a few fellow Amigaphile friends who are salivating over
	my 3000UXD. Does anybody know if the PowerUP deal can be
	applied toward UXB's and UXD's? They'd go for the normal
	PowerUP but are afraid they wouldn't be able to upgrade
	to Amix very soon.

		-Rob
--

Rob Healey                                          rhealey@digibd.com
Digi International (DigiBoard)

eeh@public.BTR.COM (Eduardo E. Horvath eeh@btr.com) (05/17/91)

In article <1991May15.152209.24428@digibd.com> rhealey@digibd.com (Rob Healey) writes:

>	I have a few fellow Amigaphile friends who are salivating over
>	my 3000UXD. Does anybody know if the PowerUP deal can be
>	applied toward UXB's and UXD's?

	I called up my local dealer to ask them about that yesterday.
Their responce was: unfortunately no.  They said the PowerUP deal did
not apply to UXes.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@btr.com
					..!{decwrl,mips,fernwood}!btr!eeh
	"Trust me, I am cognizant of what I am doing." - Hammeroid

ag@amix.commodore.com (Keith Gabryelski) (05/17/91)

writes:

>	Does anybody know if the PowerUP deal can be applied toward
>	UXB's and UXD's?

I have been told that the PowerUP deal can be applied to the Amiga
Unix machines.  I was told by a person who is not (and while we are
at it; I am not) a marketting or sales type so my word can not
be considered as law in this case.  This is just what I heard.

Pax, Keith
--
Keith Gabryelski                                 Advanced Products Group
ag@amix.commodore.com                                 ...!cbmvax!amix!ag

buck@amix.commodore.com (Richard Buck) (05/31/91)

> >	I have a few fellow Amigaphile friends who are salivating over
> >	my 3000UXD. Does anybody know if the PowerUP deal can be
> >	applied toward UXB's and UXD's?
>
> 	I called up my local dealer to ask them about that yesterday.
> Their responce was: unfortunately no.  They said the PowerUP deal did
> not apply to UXes.

The PowerUP deal DOES - repeat, DOES - apply to 3000UX boxes.  Information
on this went out to dealers this week, so your dealer may not have known
when you called.  If your dealer does not think PowerUP applies to UNIX
boxes, either wait a few days or have him/her call Commodore.

PowerUP is a GOOD thing for interested 3000UX buyers.

--
		Richard Buck, (215) 344-3019, buck@amix.commodore.com  (5/91)