[comp.unix.amiga] BIG TIME HELP!

aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sri-Man) (06/07/91)

HELP!  I really need some help here.  I got my UX today and I hooked up
my monitor.  Unfortunately, the monitor didn't work and I got a garbled
screen and it went through the installation script.  I rebooted in the
middle, because there wasn't anything else I could do.  I got a monitor
that worked as a loaner and when I tried to get in, it went through the
installation script, unfortunately it never asked me for a system password!
Now I can't get into the system. :(   I could not afford the tape drive
and I do not know anybody who does...is there anyway I can rerun the
install program?

I have another question, I have a PS/2 compatible monitor, and it hooked up
perfectly up to the computer but the output is completely garbled, I was told
that the monitor would work with the Amiga.  Is there anything I can do to
fix this?  I can't afford a new monitor either much less the tape drive.  <sigh>
I would really appreciate some help.  Thanks.

	Sri
	aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu

In article <13295@mentor.cc.purdue.edu> aru@mentor.cc.purdue.edu (Sri-Man) writes:
>I have another question, I have a PS/2 compatible monitor, and it hooked up
>perfectly up to the computer but the output is completely garbled, I was told
>that the monitor would work with the Amiga.  Is there anything I can do to
>fix this?

	Check the "display enhancer override switch" in the back.  It's near
the video connector, and may have got bumped when you set it up.  Also, I
assume you hooked in the 15?-pin connector, not the 23-pin.

--
Randell Jesup, Jack-of-quite-a-few-trades, Commodore Engineering.
Disclaimer: Nothing I say is anything other than my personal opinion.