[comp.unix.amiga] A3000 benchmarks?

sims@drake.mitre.org (Jim Sims) (06/14/91)

I asked before and got no response, so I'm trying again...

Does anyone (C=A, are you listening?) have some benchmarks for the A3000UX?
I'm really interested in the floating point performance, basically array
manipulation. How about raw MFLOPS? SPECmarks? LINpack? Whetstones?
Dhrystones? damp-stones? *any*thing?

thanks in advance,
jim (sims@starbase.mitre.org)
--
 sims@starbase.mitre.org                               The MITRE Corporation
 DECUS AI SIG Symposium Representative            7525 Colshire Drive   MS W418

arno@cbmnlu1.cbm.nl (Arno Griffioen) (06/14/91)

In article <sims.676842338@starbase> sims@drake.mitre.org (Jim Sims) writes:
>I asked before and got no response, so I'm trying again...
>
>Does anyone (C=A, are you listening?) have some benchmarks for the A3000UX?
>I'm really interested in the floating point performance, basically array
>manipulation. How about raw MFLOPS? SPECmarks? LINpack? Whetstones?
>Dhrystones? damp-stones? *any*thing?

I _hate_ dhrystones, because it's too compiler-dependent, but if you can
provide a SPECmark source I'd be happy to run a benchmark (Still version
1.1 though) and post the results.

							Bye Arno.

--
Arno Griffioen             |  Commodore Nederland B.V. Unix Support Center
Email: arno@cbmnlu1.cbm.nl |  Tel: (+31) 020-5806748

In article <sims.676842338@starbase> sims@drake.mitre.org (Jim Sims) writes:

>Does anyone (C=A, are you listening?) have some benchmarks for the A3000UX?

The only numbers I have are for the A3000 under AmigaOS.  With SAS C V3.10,
the A3000 does 7500-8000 Dhrystone 2.1's per second, if you set up the
compiler optimally for small programs.  In general, 25MHz 68882 floating
point is on the order of 0.33-0.50 MFLOPs, depending on how you measure it.

	"This is my mistake.  Let me make it good." -R.E.M.

amiga@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (Paul) (06/15/91)

I will have some benchmarks soon. Well in about 2 weeks....stay tuned.

--
ACK!!!!
	-Bill the Cat

Amiga@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu	            .....Paul......