[comp.unix.amiga] /dev/audio again.

markus@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Markus Illenseer) (06/20/91)

Yoh, well, it was not a FAQ then, because NOONE could answer.

Is there an audio device for the Amiga running under Amiga-UNIX (Not DOS!)
yes or no ???

Can anyone running Amiga-UNIX have a look in /dev ??
A simple 'ls /dev/a*' should be sufficient..

--
CU, Markus

Markus Illenseer, Computer Science , University of Bielefeld, Germany
I read the news today, oh boys ... about a lucky man who made the grade ...

kaba@wintermute.north.de (Kai Bartels) (06/22/91)

markus@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Markus Illenseer) writes:
>Yoh, well, it was not a FAQ then, because NOONE could answer.

>Is there an audio device for the Amiga running under Amiga-UNIX (Not DOS!)
>yes or no ???
Nope.

>Can anyone running Amiga-UNIX have a look in /dev ??
>A simple 'ls /dev/a*' should be sufficient..
nothing at all.

>--
>CU, Markus
Gruss, Kai

--
"I like to sound big, You like to sound big, Bigger than I do"     <Fisher-Z>
BITNET: g14b@dhbrrz41             +            UUCP: kaba@wintermute.north.de

david@twg.com (David S. Herron) (06/22/91)

In article <1991Jun20.120215.23824@unibi.uni-bielefeld.de> markus@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de (Markus Illenseer) writes:
>Yoh, well, it was not a FAQ then, because NOONE could answer.
>
>Is there an audio device for the Amiga running under Amiga-UNIX (Not DOS!)
>yes or no ???

I was recently talking with a C= marketer who mentioned to me there
would be some support for audio in the future.  It seems obvious
that there should be, and that it can be done.  But "WHEN" and "HOW
GOOD WILL IT BE?" are open questions.

--
<- David Herron, an MMDF & WIN/MHS guy, <david@twg.com>
<-