[trial.soc.culture.italian] Salerno

burnetti@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu (04/14/91)

It appears that I have a job in Salerno, Italy for a portion of the
summer.  The plan is for me, my husband, and 2 kids to spend about
a month there.

Does anyone out there know anything about Salerno?  Customs? Things to
do for adults and kids (ages 10 and 12)?  Where to live?  Costs?
Climate?  How formally one is expected to dress?  etc.

Please email responses to address below, I'll post a summary if there
are many responses.

Thanks,
Margaret Burnett
burnett@cs.ukans.edu

montra@ghost.unimi.it (Paolo Montrasio) (04/15/91)

burnetti@kuhub.cc.ukans.edu writes:

>It appears that I have a job in Salerno, Italy for a portion of the
>summer.  The plan is for me, my husband, and 2 kids to spend about
>a month there.

A lot of italians spend about a month in Salerno for the summer holidays.

>Does anyone out there know anything about Salerno?  Customs? Things to
>do for adults and kids (ages 10 and 12)?

Swim, go to the beach... That sort of things (when you aren't working ! :)

> Where to live?  Costs?

I think it will costs a lot, if it is like the other italians cities where
there is a lot of tourists....

>Climate?  How formally one is expected to dress?  etc.

Quite hot.