[comp.lang.modula3] getting modula3 for sco xenix

an288@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Mark Hittinger) (01/16/91)

I've tried to ftp the modula3 archive (yes using binary) and have been
unable to uncompress it.  I've tried all the compress programs I can
find including the ones on Ultrix 4.0.  No success.

Is there anyone on the list who could send me a copy of the uncompressed
tar archive on a reg-u-lar 6250 9 track tape?

One more thing, is there anyone who has ported the stuff over to SCO
Xenix 386?

Thanks much,
Mark Hittinger
Renlar Systems Inc
2640 Palumbo Drive
Lexington, Ky 40509
(606)-266-5414
an288@freenet.cleveland.edu

--
Mark Hittinger [answering machine (606)-272-2424
PO BOX 43358

muller@src.dec.com (Eric Muller) (01/16/91)

In article <9101152011.AA29913@cwns2.INS.CWRU.Edu>, an288@cleveland.Freenet.Edu (Mark Hittinger) writes:

> I've tried to ftp the modula3 archive (yes using binary) and have been
> unable to uncompress it.  I've tried all the compress programs I can
> find including the ones on Ultrix 4.0.  No success.

If you use the distribution in pieces (m3-1.5.tar.Z-??), you must
first concatenate the files (in the right order), then uncompress. Is
that the problem ?