[comp.lang.modula3] modula-3 1.6 on Suns

madmats@elcgl.epfl.ch (01/18/91)

Hello,

I have had quite many problems when installing modula-3 1.5 on
Sun4's and Sun3's. On the contrary, 1.4 had no problems at all.

As 1.6 is in progress, I would like to kindly ask that it be fully
tested for these platforms. I realize such a "request" is very hard
to fulfill, but it would be great.

Mats

muller@src.dec.com (Eric Muller) (01/19/91)

In article <1991Jan18.040130.1@elcgl.epfl.ch>, madmats@elcgl.epfl.ch writes:
> I have had quite many problems when installing modula-3 1.5 on
> Sun4's and Sun3's. On the contrary, 1.4 had no problems at all.

Sorry for the trouble. I made the mistake to make some modifications
after the beta test. One of the difficulties of the exercise is that
we have only VAX and DECstations here; we have to ask kind souls to
test the release on other architectures, and merge the (sometime
conflicting) changes without a good way of testing the final result.

> As 1.6 is in progress, I would like to kindly ask that it be fully
> tested for these platforms. I realize such a "request" is very hard
> to fulfill, but it would be great.

I will send a message announcing 1.6beta right now. See the rules of
the game there.

Eric Muller.