[comp.dcom.fax] FAXing pretty ..... docs

UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) (12/23/90)

In article <ALBERTO.90Dec19115020@yamuna.cs.umd.edu>, alberto@cs.umd.edu (Jose
Alberto Fernandez R) says:
>Im interested in this. I'm thinking in getting a FAX/Modem and I will
>like to be able to send LaTeX dvi files. I can generate postscript
>therefore it would be nice to be able to FAXit. By the way, is there
>any dvi2fax program?

I haven't seen it, but I am told that GoScript can convert PS to
FAX, so that sending the dvi2ps through GoScript might do it.

boegehol@informatik.uni-stuttgart.de (Harald Boegeholz) (01/07/91)

In article <90356.110058UH2@psuvm.psu.edu> UH2@psuvm.psu.edu (Lee Sailer) writes:

   In article <ALBERTO.90Dec19115020@yamuna.cs.umd.edu>, alberto@cs.umd.edu (Jose
   Alberto Fernandez R) says:
   >Im interested in this. I'm thinking in getting a FAX/Modem and I will
   >like to be able to send LaTeX dvi files. I can generate postscript
   >therefore it would be nice to be able to FAXit. By the way, is there
   >any dvi2fax program?

   I haven't seen it, but I am told that GoScript can convert PS to
   FAX, so that sending the dvi2ps through GoScript might do it.

Hi!

Depending on the fax software you use, there might be an easier way.
My fax software can read .PCX-Files. I can generate those directly
using the DVIMSP-driver from the emTeX-package. And that is free,
whereas GoScript is a commercial program.

If you are using a PC and are not using emTeX, it may be worth a look
anyway. If you don't know where to get it, that's one of the FAQs
in comp.text.tex, so look there.

Harald