[comp.dcom.fax] Modem for Compaq LTE/286 with faxability

rt@sapwdf.UUCP (Ralph Treitz) (01/19/91)

I'm looking for a modem for my Compaq LTE/286. It should be built in the
laptop and it should be able to deal with 300, 1200, 2400 baud. It
would be good if it's able to talk also 1200/75 baud, but this not
necessary. Moreover it should be able to fax ( G3 9600 Baud would be
great ). To work as a fax, I think, requires also some software. Is there
any system, which is able to interprete the graphic stuff as character ?

In Germany, where I'm from, there is only one supplier for modem & fax,
with a fax software package ( not interpreting the fax-format ), who
offers his solution for about $1800. It's heavy !!

Any better offer, you know of. ( If you mail to me instead following up,
I will summarize for the net. )

Thanx
					Ralph

--
-- Ralph Treitz  ( rt@sap-ag.de )  -------  c/o  S.A.P. AG  ------------------
   Phone:  +49 6227-34-1641                 Max-Planck-Str. 8

kehres@touch.touch.com (Tim Kehres) (01/22/91)

In article <2511@sapwdf.UUCP> Ralph Treitz <rt@sap-ag.de> writes:
:
> In Germany, where I'm from, there is only one supplier for modem & fax,
> with a fax software package ( not interpreting the fax-format ), who
> offers his solution for about $1800. It's heavy !!

I spent a good deal of 1990 in Munich, where we were looking into areas
like this.  I don't have any of my stuff back from there yet, so I cannot
give exact references, but there were several companies that provided
these kind of solutions in Germany.  If you have access to one of the
show guides to the last CeBIT in Hanover, you might check there to find