[comp.dcom.fax] printer/copier/scanner/fax combination? Yes!

asklingl@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andreas Klingler ) (02/13/91)

jhm+@andrew.cmu.edu (Jim Morris) writes:

>Such machines have been described as the holy grail of some big
>equipment manufactures who call them "Hydra machines". Xerox recently
>announced a $200,000 item about the size of a Honda that performs these
>functions.

Whow! I guess I can make some big bucks RSN!

>Like you, I'd like to hear about a real desktop device.

Yes, such a thing exists. I expect to receive my first sample the next
days from a Taiwan manufacturer.
It has an RS-232 interface and comes with a Windows program for the PC.
And it's *much* cheaper than the Xerox crap :-).

Andreas Klingler
asklingl@informatik.uni-erlangen.de
                   Hey! Hacker! Leave those lists alone!

flog@bernina.ethz.ch (Florian Gutzwiller) (02/13/91)

asklingl@immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de (Andreas Klingler ) writes:

>Yes, such a thing exists. I expect to receive my first sample the next
>days from a Taiwan manufacturer.
>It has an RS-232 interface and comes with a Windows program for the PC.
>And it's *much* cheaper than the Xerox crap :-).

beter inform us about the source and specifications of you flashy product.

-Florian