From: dionj@netcom.com (Dion Johnson)
Subject: Re: NEED: fax + scanner + OCR hard/software for unix

Caere Corp of Los Gatos CA has a pretty nice OCR package for
SCO UNIX.  I will dig up their address for you at work and
send.

There is a fax package I like for SCO by George Pajari of
Faximum.  Try ...uunet!faximum!pajari

From: Beverly Erlebacher <erlebach@turing.toronto.edu>

i just got some sales literature for a product that might be what you
want.  it's a scanner that connects via serial or scsi port, and does
ocr and fax in the scanner (which has a 68020 chip).  It has a character
and an X Windows interface.  it is called the "Unix Scanner" and is sold by

	Intelligent Optics Corporation
	22 Pequot Park Road
	P.O. Box 910
	Westbrook, CT 06498-0910
	U.S.A.
	phone (203) 399-7111 fax (203) 399-7137

All I know about it is what I "scanned" from the sales lit... :-)

I'd appreciate it if you would share the responses you get with me.
We are mostly interested in scanning and ocr rather than fax.

i've send a fax to the latter company, but haven't got anything
back yet.
--
   Heiko Blume <-+-> src@scuzzy.in-berlin.de <-+-> (+49 30) 691 88 93 [voice!]
                  public UNIX source archive [HST V.42bis]: