[comp.dcom.fax] SCO facsimile support

mshevene@srg.arinc.af.mil (Mike Shevenell) (04/26/91)

 I am looking for facsimile support for SCO Unix.

                                               Thanks,
                                               Mike Shevenell

pmahler@starnet.uucp (Paul Mahler) (04/26/91)

Faximum, of Vancouver B.C., sells fax server software for SCO Unix.
Works great, less filling, too.  You can reach them by phone at
604-925-3600.  Say hello for me.  Absolute first rate software.
You can manage about 12 lines on a 386 class machine.

Paul Mahler
paul@plato.com

eli@spdcc.COM (Steve Elias) (04/27/91)

mshevene@srg.arinc.af.mil (Mike Shevenell) writes:

> I am looking for facsimile support for SCO Unix.
>
>                                               Mike Shevenell

Mike, your email address is bouncey.

check with brooktrout technology at 617 449 4100.
they are one of the leaders in PC based unix-fax.

you can get datasheets via their faxback server at 800 333 5274.

--
/* eli@spdcc.com ; 415 688 4517 */

dionj@netcom.COM (Dion Johnson) (04/28/91)

From article <MSHEVENE.91Apr25151402@titan.srg.arinc.af.mil>, by mshevene@srg.arinc.af.mil (Mike Shevenell):
>  I am looking for facsimile support for SCO Unix.
>                                                Thanks,
>                                                Mike Shevenell

Besides Faximum, mentioned earlier, there is another good
product called Unifax, now handled by Computer Signal Corp.
I'm not sure of the proper retail contact, but the author is:
  Stuart Lynne	Computer Signal Corporation, Canada
   ...!van-bc!sl 604-937-7785 604-937-7718(fax) sl@wimsey.bc.ca

and there are others listed in the SCO Directory of independent
vendor products.
--
Dion L. Johnson  --  dionj@netcom.com
The material above is my personal opinion, and has no official sanction

sl@wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (04/29/91)

In article <1991Apr28.064329.7788@netcom.COM> dionj@netcom.COM (Dion Johnson) writes:
}From article <MSHEVENE.91Apr25151402@titan.srg.arinc.af.mil>, by mshevene@srg.arinc.af.mil (Mike Shevenell):
}>  I am looking for facsimile support for SCO Unix.
}
}Besides Faximum, mentioned earlier, there is another good
}product called Unifax, now handled by Computer Signal Corp.
}I'm not sure of the proper retail contact, but the author is:

Head office is in San Ramon, CA, they can be reached at:

	415-275-0990 voice
	415-275-0997 fax

--

sma@devcom.com (Steve Adams) (05/02/91)

sl@wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) writes:

>In article <1991Apr28.064329.7788@netcom.COM> dionj@netcom.COM (Dion Johnson) writes:
>}From article <MSHEVENE.91Apr25151402@titan.srg.arinc.af.mil>, by mshevene@srg.arinc.af.mil (Mike Shevenell):
>}>  I am looking for facsimile support for SCO Unix.
>}
>}Besides Faximum, mentioned earlier, there is another good
>}product called Unifax, now handled by Computer Signal Corp.

There is also a product called TruFax which my company sells...you can get
info by sending email to fax-info@devcom.com or calling 708/574-3600.

                                             -Steve
--
  "First we're going to cut it off,    |   Steve Adams - sma@devcom.com -or-
  then we're going to kill it."        |                 uunet!devcom!sma