[comp.dcom.fax] FAX gateway

lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (Lee McLoughlin) (06/08/91)

In article <9@huldra.UUCP> chjo@huldra.UUCP (Christer Johansen) writes:

   From: chjo@huldra.UUCP (Christer Johansen)
   Subject: FAX gateway

   I want to set up an fax gateway so that users can mail messages to this
   in the same way that they mail to other users. I plan to use this only
   for outgoing faxes.

Locally we use a version of faxpak by Klaus Schallhorn that was posted
to comp.sources.unix (but for some reason called faxpax).  I added an
email interface to it and fixed it so it could use ghostscript.  So you
can email postscript at it and a fax appears at the remote site!

I believe that Klaus is getting ready for a new relase with these
changes incorporated.

	Lee
Lee McLoughlin		phone: 071 589 5111 X 5085  	fax: 071 581 8024
Department of Computing, Imperial College, 180 Queens Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
Janet: lmjm@uk.ac.ic.doc	Uucp:  lmjm@icdoc.UUCP (or ..!ukc!icdoc!lmjm)
DARPA: lmjm@doc.ic.ac.uk (or lmjm%uk.ac.ic.doc@nsfnet-relay.ac.uk)