[alt.binaries.multimedia] New animations available from tolsun

hole@tolmikko.oulu.fi (Jari K{hk|nen) (04/22/91)

   I just moved six new animations to tolsun.oulu.fi [130.231.96.16] (note:
the IP-number has changed). These animations are made by H}kan Andersson using
RayTracker-program. You need aaplay.exe to play these animations and it's also
available from tolsun. You can find animations from /pub/rayscene/RayTracker.
Aaplay is animation player for PC-based machines and requires VGA (and it's
easier to use, if you have mouse). I remember some rumors about X-based player
(xflick??), could somebody give me the ftp-address, and I'll put it available
to tolsun too.

 New animations:

   X-WING   Remember Luke Skywalker? Watch his ship passing by...
   EMT      Emt-logo rotating (RayTracker is from EMT)
   EMTB-PIN Bowling pin and ball above water-surface
   GEARS    Strange machine producing glass-balls.
   PHONE    Telephone receiver rotating.
   FLASH    Strange device...

   I had to reduce the size of "flash", because the orginal was over 600k.
All other animations are 320*200. I made also one little animation, called
"turbine" (160*100, each frame took under 4 minutes to calculate with 387,
rendered using RayTracker 1.68). It took 1.5 hours to complete that animation
including drawing in Acad (and I'm not an expert) and rendering (plus some
modifying to animation).

   You may have some problems connecting to tolsun, since we have strange disk-
problems, so try again. It would be nice thing to do, if somebody from USA could
download animations and put them available. I know that some of these animations
could be found from mars [130.18.64.3]. (??)

   I changed /pub/rayscene/zap-directory to /pub/rayscene/RayTracker because
I'm doing some animation stuff about good'ol steam-locomotive and I thought
it might be better to put all animations made with RayTracker to same direc-
tory. All animations are self-extracting packages. You can decompress them by
running them.

   So, tolsun seems to be one of the biggest FTP-sites of raytraced animations?
/pub/rayscene/anim.PC contains animations I made to test Rayscene, anim.AMIGA
has animations made by Panu Hassi, and /pub/rayscene/RayTracker has animations
from H}kan Andersson (plus my "turbine"..har har..).

   If you have any questions about RayTracker, contact zap@lage.lysator.liu.se.

  -Jari

Email:hole@tolsun.oulu.fi
Jari K{hk|nen |Phone:               |Institute of data | MICKEY MOUSE PANTS???
Aleksi  56D29 |(Home) +358-81-226980|Processing Science| You dont't look Cool!
90120 Oulu    |(work) +358-81-223570|University of Oulu|You look like an IDIOT!
Suomi Finland |                     |      T O L       |      -Calvin

marmoset@mondo.engin.umich.edu (Dave Walker) (04/24/91)

In article <1991Apr22.093827.2044@ousrvr.oulu.fi> hole@tolmikko.oulu.fi (Jari K{hk|nen) writes:

>   I just moved six new animations to tolsun.oulu.fi [130.231.96.16] (note:
>the IP-number has changed). These animations are made by H}kan Andersson using
>RayTracker-program. You need aaplay.exe to play these animations and it's also
>available from tolsun. You can find animations from /pub/rayscene/RayTracker.
>Aaplay is animation player for PC-based machines and requires VGA (and it's
>easier to use, if you have mouse). I remember some rumors about X-based player
>(xflick??), could somebody give me the ftp-address, and I'll put it available
>to tolsun too.

Out of curiosity, has anyone written a Macintosh player for Autodesk Animator
files yet?  Or, alternately, I guess an .aa to PICS  conversion program would
be just as well.

Thanks in advance.

>Email:Hole@Tolsun.oulu.fi
>Jari Khknen |Phone:               |Institute of data | MICKEY MOUSE PANTS???

| Dave Walker, Detroit Art Services (DAS)                                |
| marmoset@ub.cc.umich.edu                 "I don't read, I just guess"  |
| marmoset@mondo.engin.umich.edu       -Happy Mondays, "Wrote For Luck"  |

mcvey@mpr.ca (Iain McVey) (04/25/91)

In article <1991Apr22.093827.2044@ousrvr.oulu.fi> hole@tolmikko.oulu.fi (Jari K{hk|nen) writes:

>   I just moved six new animations to tolsun.oulu.fi [130.231.96.16] (note:
>the IP-number has changed). These animations are made by H}kan Andersson using
>RayTracker-program. You need aaplay.exe to play these animations and it's also
>available from tolsun. You can find animations from /pub/rayscene/RayTracker.
>Aaplay is animation player for PC-based machines and requires VGA (and it's
>easier to use, if you have mouse). I remember some rumors about X-based player
>(xflick??), could somebody give me the ftp-address, and I'll put it available
>to tolsun too.

Is this stuff available on this side of the Atlantic, as tolsun is in Finland
and has a bandwidth limitation to NA?

- Iain McVey -
iain@ucs.sfu.ca
mcvey@mprgate.mpr.ca