[comp.sys.acorn] Please describe acorn machines

dave@csd4.csd.uwm.edu (Dave Rasmussen) (12/06/90)

In comp.sys.handhelds I recently requested someone to describe the
current line of acorn workstation-type machines, as opposed to the new
Risc Notebook that recently was announced which has no keyboard.

I remember writing for info on the acorn 310 back in 1988 or so. Are
acorns making it into the states, or are they still limited pretty
much to europe and canada yet? What do they look like as far as hardware
and software go?  For instance, can you get one with unix these days?

--
Internet:dave@uwm.edu, Uucp:uwm!dave, Bitnet:dave%uwm.edu@INTERBIT
AT&T:414-229-5133 USnail:Dave Rasmussen-CSD,Box 413 EMS380,Milwaukee,WI 53201

jhenders@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) (12/06/90)

	Re: Acorn RISC machines in Canada.
I haven't seen any sign of them out here in western Canada. Anyone back east
seen one for sale?

	John Henders
	Vancouver,B.C.

cloader@kean.ucs.mun.ca (12/07/90)

In article <812@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca>, jhenders@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (John Henders) writes:
> 	Re: Acorn RISC machines in Canada.
> I haven't seen any sign of them out here in western Canada. Anyone back east
> seen one for sale?
>
> 	John Henders
> 	Vancouver,B.C.
I have a 310.  Purchased from Olivetti.

There are a few others central Canada (your out east!)

Charles