[comp.sys.acorn] any other US users?

chapman@ug.cs.dal.ca (Paul Chapman) (12/06/90)

In article <46991@apple.Apple.COM> aek@Apple.COM (Al Kossow) writes:
>Hello, nice to see a group for Acorns. Does anyone else in the US
>have an Archemedes? I have a 305 and am borrowing a 440. Fun little
>boxes..

    I'm also interested in the Archimedes.. I get a British computer mag
every once in a while to see what's going on over there and I have noticed
lots of talk about these machines. Are North American versions available?

Inquiring minds want to know :)

--
-= Paul Chapman -=- chapman@ug.cs.dal.ca -=- pc@ac.dal.ca (BitNet) =-
-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Put Humourous Quote of Your Choice Here =-=-=-=-=-=-=-

macduff@cbnewse.att.com (Roger R. Espinosa) (12/07/90)

In article <1990Dec6.062415.17613@cs.dal.ca>, chapman@ug.cs.dal.ca (Paul Chapman) writes:
> In article <46991@apple.Apple.COM> aek@Apple.COM (Al Kossow) writes:
> >Hello, nice to see a group for Acorns. Does anyone else in the US
> >have an Archemedes? I have a 305 and am borrowing a 440. Fun little
> >boxes..

Me! I have a 410 (well, I guess you *could* call it a 440/2, but I put
the HD in myself).  Great fun.  Best mouse-interface I've used, but
with that happy CLI-mode for "simple" programming. :-)

>     I'm also interested in the Archimedes.. I get a British computer mag
> every once in a while to see what's going on over there and I have noticed
> lots of talk about these machines. Are North American versions available?
>
> Inquiring minds want to know :)

As far as I know, you can get them by ordering from Dorothy Netherwood
at Olivetti in Markham, Ontario.  They (well, actually a company called
COMSPEC) does the power conversion.  The software itself appears to be
designed internationally (the speller checker I have does include
"American" spelling of words for most discrepencies). Nice stuff.

(If you'd like more detailed info, let me know. I don't have the
stuff with me right now...)

Roger
rre@ihlpn.ATT.COM