[comp.sys.acorn] NO MORE BINARIES!

kjetilho@ifi.uio.no (Kjetil T. Homme) (12/05/90)

In article <3951@syma.sussex.ac.uk> johny@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Lord Yak Da Hairy) writes:
> [about comp.binaries.acorn, which I'm all for]

                    [...] It would be real peachy if we could get some archive
   sites for it, too - maybe uunet would archive it [...]

Since most of the readers are European, I think it would be an advantage to
have a European archive site, irisa perhaps? They archive c.b.atari.st,
ibm.pc and mac.

Are there any "influential" people out there? ;-)

Kjetil T.

harley@irisa.fr (Jon Harley) (12/05/90)

In article <KJETILHO.90Dec5112258@skakke.uio.no> kjetilho@ifi.uio.no (Kjetil T. Homme) writes:
>In article <3951@syma.sussex.ac.uk> johny@syma.sussex.ac.uk (Lord Yak Da Hairy) writes:
>> [about comp.binaries.acorn, which I'm all for]
>
>                    [...] It would be real peachy if we could get some archive
>   sites for it, too - maybe uunet would archive it [...]
>
>Since most of the readers are European, I think it would be an advantage to
>have a European archive site, irisa perhaps? ...

Irisa hasn't even got comp.sys.acorn yet! :-(

>Are there any "influential" people out there? ;-)

Maybe but I'm not one.

>Kjetil T.

Jon.
--
   __________________________________
  / --Jonathan Harley, BSc, BTW     / "Le plaisir               //      //  //

pcolmer@acorn.co.uk (Philip Colmer) (12/07/90)

In article <KJETILHO.90Dec5112258@skakke.uio.no> kjetilho@ifi.uio.no (Kjetil T. Homme) writes:

>Since most of the readers are European, I think it would be an advantage to
>have a European archive site, irisa perhaps?

Only if you are going to do it by email ... not all of us have FTP access,
you know, and it would be a real shame to lose out on some of the good stuff
that has been posted recently.

--Philip Colmer

Signature currently being redeveloped ... I've lost my quotes file so this
may take a while :-)

gtoal@tharr.UUCP (Graham Toal) (12/14/90)

In article <4349@acorn.co.uk> pcolmer@acorn.co.uk (Philip Colmer) writes:
>Only if you are going to do it by email ... not all of us have FTP access,
>you know, and it would be a real shame to lose out on some of the good stuff
>that has been posted recently.
>
>--Philip Colmer

Well it's damn well time you did! :-)

This is a plug for the UK IPNET consortium -- companies like acorn should
at least be reading the mailing list, if not actively joining in.

May I direct you to ukipnet-request@independent.uucp?

Regards
  Graham
--
(* Posted from tharr.uucp - Public Access Unix - +44 (234) 261804 *)