[comp.sys.acorn] >binary postings

angelo@cs.kun.nl (Angelo Melis) (12/18/90)

I am not very long reading the net because I had just after the summer holiday
the chance the read the net. I was very glad that the acorn machines ( esp. the
Archimedes ) has now there own news group. ( Great, Great ).

mathew@mantis.UUCP (mathew) writes:

> I suggest that all readers of comp.sys.acorn who WOULD post binaries instead
> post a message saying "I would have posted <program name> in the binaries
> group". That way we'll quickly get an idea as to whether the demand's there.

I am busy with some programs, which I would post when I finish them. I would
post them into comp.binaries.acorn if it exists, but I understand the if there
are not enough binaries posted to c.b.a. then it has no use. So please tell
if you working on something. I think there are enough guys around who program
on acorn machines. ( Yes BBC, Masters and electrons too ).

My own work includes :

Still working on it ( Oh, If I just had more time ... )

Core Wars          - A multitasking implementation of the A.K. Dewdney idea.
X scheme           - Port of Object oriented scheme.
OFF -> Rayshade    - A translator for OFF files to Rayshade files
                     ( for the raytracer )
NFF -> Rayshade    - A translator for NFF files to Rayshade files
                     ( for the raytracer )
Rayshade raytracer - A port of the PD rayshade ray tracer.
                     ( Finished a non-RISC OS port - still thinking of a RISC
                       OS version ).

I have just read :

ra2@doc.ic.ac.uk ( Roger C. Attrill ) writes :

>Have I seen Rayshade???  It *IS* Rayshade. A machine code re-write to be
>precise and *far* better than the PD version.

I have used the C code, so I think your version is faster and better then my
version. Will your version be posted ( or maybe put on newcastle ) ? I stop
working on  my version and concentrate on the translators, X scheme and
Core Wars ( My favorit at the moment ). I am very curious about the new !Mandy
( I have an interest in Ray tracing and Fractals ). Maybe it is possible
to put it on newcastle or on tolsun.oulu.fi ??? I hope so.

Just telling everybody were I am working on.
( Let everybody do so, so we could see what is going on in the programming
  world for acorn machines )

                                            Angelo
                                            email : angelo@phoibos.cs.kun.nl

ps. Roger, Is your version of rayshade 100% compitable with the PD version ?
    I like to make the translators so that they work with the Rayshade version
    which will be published. ( It will, will it ??? ). May you could send
    me your version ?? I hope so, because I am not sure that I have net access
    after January. ( I am doing my practical training here, at Nijmegen. )
    I have some scripts for rayshade ( & pictures ), maybe your interested ?

pss. I have lots of Sound Tracker Modules ( which works fine with !Player &
     !Tracker ). If someone wants a list email me.( No ... don't be afraid,
     I will not post them ). If someone else has some, please email me too.