[comp.sys.acorn] UUdecoding

peterl@ibmpcug.co.uk (Peter Leaback) (12/26/90)

>cantain begin 664 filename.arc or filename.arm. All the files I have
>managed to uudecode never have filenames with dot(.) extensions. I
>realise that the problem may not be the .arc or .arm extensions.
>I've tried editing out both extensions but then I get the error
>message 'badly encoded character'.

The ADFS uses "." to delimit directories so "fred.arc" means the file
"arc" in the directory "fred" which is in the current directory. As the
directory "fred" probably does not exist, it will produce an error.
Replace "." with something like "_" using a text editor.

Happy christmas,Peter Leaback.
.
--
Automatic Disclaimer:
The views expressed above are those of the author alone and may not

chughes@maths.tcd.ie (Conrad Hughes) (12/27/90)

In <1990Dec25.234431.28609@ibmpcug.co.uk> peterl@ibmpcug.co.uk (Peter Leaback) writes:

>The ADFS uses "." to delimit directories so "fred.arc" means the file
>"arc" in the directory "fred" which is in the current directory. As the
>directory "fred" probably does not exist, it will produce an error.
>Replace "." with something like "_" using a text editor.

Better still, try creating the required directory structure (in the above
example, '*cdir fred' is all that's necessary...).

Conrad
--
"I'd say he's a sadistic, sodomistic necrophile, but that's beating a dead
horse..." - Woody Allen