[comp.sys.acorn] New Archimedes Newsgroup - Call for discussion

mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) (01/22/91)

marksv%t3h@uk.ac.man.cs writes:
>  How about a new newsgroup eunet.micro.acorn.steven.van.aadrt.utils.misc
> or even comp.sys.acorn.utils.steven.van.aardt.small.utils ?
>
>  Please note that these must be *strictly* discussion groups. No netters
> (esp Steven himself) may post uuencoded Binaries to this group as it
> costs sites too much to recieve them, and takes up precious band width.

This is certainly the case with comp.sys.acorn, which the dork who
posted NetHack apparently didn't realize is a discussion-only group.

The question of posting binaries on eunet groups isn't really settled.

Where's that call for votes we were promised?

mathew.
--
Internet: mathew@mantis.co.uk / mathew%mantis.co.uk@ukc.ac.uk
    UUCP: mathew@mantis.UUCP / ...!mcsun!ukc!ibmpcug!mantis!mathew

rcpieter@svin02.info.win.tue.nl (Tiggr) (01/23/91)

mathew@mantis.co.uk (mathew) writes:

>Where's that call for votes we were promised?

I have tried to post the CFV some time now, but it was bounced by Eliot
because I hadn't issued a proper CFD yet.  So, I've mailed Eliot a CFD,
which should appear in news.announce.newgroups quite soon.  After that
there will be a CFV.

Tiggr