[comp.sys.acorn] NetHack and other problems

rogersh%t7@uk.ac.man.cs (01/24/91)

In article <jim.664669475@tasman> jim@tasman.cc.utas.edu.au (Jim Palfreyman) writes:
>blekken@fwi.uva.nl (Erwin Blekkenhorst (I88)) writes:
>
>>banksie@ono.isor.vuw.ac.nz (Philip Banks) writes:

	All the above complained about not being able to properly download
NetHack. Unfortunately it seems to have been corrupted in posting. What
I intend to do is to post it to alt.binaries. Now if anyone has any
objection at all to this - could they mail me please. I do not want to
cause any hassle... I have tested it repeatedly on my own and friend's
machines, with no problems - the problems occured in file transfer or
posting which is always fraught with hazards. It is unfortunate that the
first a poster knows about bugs in a posting is *after* he has posted.
Due to Sod's law, the same corruption occurred with the reposting
of Unixlib. Again I can post that too (making damned sure that it's
right this time) to alt.binaries. Until comp.binaries.acorn is up and
running, I concur with the sentiment that further binaries in this
group are not appreciated. If all is well I shall post *final* versions
of NetHack and Unixlib to alt.binaries soon. I have in any case
repackaged NetHack as a desktop application with a much more robust
boot sequence. The distribution now fits in a single 550k Spark archive
as well, which simplifies unpacking.

		Huw

[ H.J.Rogers (INTERNET: rogersh%p4%cs.man.ac.uk@cunyvm.cuny.edu)       ]
[    ,_,     (BITNET/EARN: rogersh%p4%cs.man.ac.uk@UKACRL.BITNET)      ]
[  :-(_)-o   (UUCP: ...!uunet!cunyvm.cuny.edu!cs.man.ac.uk!p4!rogersh) ]
[   _} {_    (JANET: rogersh%p4@uk.ac.man.cs)                          ]

rogersh%t7@uk.ac.man.cs (01/24/91)

	It's just come to my attention that there is no group called
alt.binaries. There is alt.binaries.multimedia, but I'm not sure about
posting to that. Anyone got any ideas?