[comp.sys.acorn] Beeb BBS in Oz.

ian@ob1.uws.EDU.AU (Ian Walsh) (01/29/91)

	My local BBS wishes to exchange mail/software with other BBS's
around the world! The BBS is called OZWORLD and is affiliated with the
Sydney Acorn Users Group (OZBEEB). The phone num. is oz is (02) 8911886.

	Our fidonet address is 3:713/601, signet 28:2100/124. The Sysop
is Terry Smith.

	Does anyone know of a BBC comms package that supports ANSI
graphics, or vt100 emulation? I've heard that Commstar 2 can support ANSI,
is this correct? Commstar 2 seems to have a bug in it's XMODEM
implementation, when I d/load a file using XMODEM from the uni's mini it
comes out garbled, but Commstar 1 handles XMODEM file transfers correctly.
Any ideas?

	Also, does anyone know anything about the Archimedes program, ArcBBS?

				Andrew Leahy
				email: a.leahy@nepean.uws.edu.au

hughesmp@vax1.tcd.ie (01/30/91)

In article <1991Jan29.004625.11439@ob1.uws.EDU.AU>, ian@ob1.uws.EDU.AU (Ian Walsh) writes:
> 	Also, does anyone know anything about the Archimedes program, ArcBBS?

It is, I believe, the only BBS package for the Arc... By Hugo Fiennes... Very
good it is too. It does have some limitations; it is difficult or impossible
to write doors for it, and difficult also to do some other things. It has a
fairly powerful scripting language tho'. It is used by for example, Hugo's
own board, Cryton in England, and ICON in Ireland, among others... There may
be 20 boards using it, I could be wrong. Hugo would be the best to ask about
it.

Sometime soon tho', there's going to be a new release, with a lot more
possibilites. I can't wait till it does come out, because I will be able to
write some doors for BBSs. There's also some talk of a WIMP front end
possibility for Arcs. We'll have to see tho'.

> 				Andrew Leahy
> 				email: a.leahy@nepean.uws.edu.au

Merlin Hughes.
SICK. SigOp, ICON.

gpvos@cs.vu.nl (Gerben 'P' Vos) (02/01/91)

hughesmp@vax1.tcd.ie writes:
>In article <1991Jan29.004625.11439@ob1.uws.EDU.AU>, ian@ob1.uws.EDU.AU (Ian Walsh) writes:
>> 	Also, does anyone know anything about the Archimedes program, ArcBBS?

>It is, I believe, the only BBS package for the Arc... By Hugo Fiennes...

Wrong. There's Archimedes Board by John Kortink. It was a bit earlier than
ArcBBS and it's more limited, seeing the description of ArcBBS. But you can
change the Basic code, if you want...